Hello Everyone!

I only just discovered Alamy on September 1st so I'm very new to the site.  I've just had my first batch of 4 pictures approved and listed on the search engine so I thought now would be a good time to ask.  I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the volume of uploads I should do, in a time frame or just upload everything I can straight away?

I have a pretty large backlog of photos that I would like to upload so I basically am asking whether I should just bulk upload the lot or do 4 a day or something?

Cheers!

I suggest doing small batches of 10-20 images at a time and wait for them to clear QC before resubmitting the next batch, this will help you get a feel for what will pass or not.

After a few weeks if all is well then go for it and upload all you can, after all they are not going to sell whilst sitting on your hard drive.

Andy

Good suggestions from Andy and Jools but would like to add before uploading each batch of 10-20 images double check all images in batch to make sure they comply with Alamy's technical standards.

If you do not double check you could be locked out from submitting for 28 working days. Not something that is needed when you have a large collection to upload.

Allan

Thorough checking is key to routinely passing Q.C. I agree with Allan and Jools.  I find it easier to upload  with intermediate/small batch sizes, because this breaks down key-wording to manageable  levels.  I rarely have a batch size over about 30 images waiting to be key worded at any one time these days.

If you can, do all you keywording in PS or LR before you upload. If you have similar subjects, you can make preset keyword sets in bridge, and then just choose for any relevent photos. I live up in cottage country, so have presets for boating, vacationing, etc. And then you are keywording with a large image in front of you instead of that small one in Measures. Makes sure you can see everything as you keyword. Also helpful if you want to upload any of these photos to other sites such as FAA, or a personal photo site. You don't end up having to keyword them all a second time.

Jill

Maybe you already have substantial experience of stock, in which case ignore what follows!

In addition to the technical considerations, try to avoid excessive duplication within your work as this can result in a poor Alamy rating if your images are viewed but not then selected by customers. A poor rating will mean that your pics go down the pecking order in which photos are presented to customers.

It's a balancing act, you need to get your work into the marketplace, but you also need to self edit the content. Once the photos are ready it takes months to remove them, and it's annoying if your best work is hidden by some of your also rans which often appear to be randomly presented ahead of the better stuff - speaking from experience!

Some people here (not me) do very well with very small tightly edited portfolios, while others pile em high. Middle ground may be best?

Archived