Well Steve t seems you have probably had a failure in one of your images. If you check out threads in the Alamy Quality Control Forum, you will see many relating to QC failure or the "Sin Bin" as it is commonly called here. So you should have another couple of weeks to wait out before you are officially told of the failure and which image failed the whole lot.

Jill

Is this sin bin something new then? Last time I had an image fail QC was submitted on 16 June and failed on 20th June. :wacko:

Quite often QC will let the first fail skip the sin bin. But if you have another fail, especially with so few images as you have, then it's into the Sin Bin for you. :)

Alamy hopes that this will make you more diligent at checking your photos at 100%. I have had only one fail, and I didn't have to serve any time for it, but haven't had one since and know that if I do, I'll be hearing the door clang shut for a month.

CA is one of the easiest to miss in photos if you don't check every corner at 100%. It can lurk there unnoticed. I find tree branches big culprits for me.

Just take more shots and wait it out.

Jill

Steve, I had a very good record over 5 years, then out of the blue a fail got me locked out for 30 days, followed quite rapidly by 2 more. After one lockout your images are looked at very, very closely. I'm out for 3 months in total and singularly unimpressed. Talk about kicking a chap when he's down.

My calculations suggest that if your pass rate drops below about 80-90% over a period of about a year then you're for it. It may be an argument for little and often.

:( Ok, thanks everyone. I did upload another batch last week not knowing about all of this. I do try to check my images thoroughly before submission and these were only small batches but I did have trouble with the uploader and may have duplicated some of the images.

Ah well, will have to go back to sleep and wait for the sun to come up again.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Steve, I had a very good record over 5 years, then out of the blue a fail got me locked out for 30 days, followed quite rapidly by 2 more. After one lockout your images are looked at very, very closely. I'm out for 3 months in total and singularly unimpressed. Talk about kicking a chap when he's down.

My calculations suggest that if your pass rate drops below about 80-90% over a period of about a year then you're for it. It may be an argument for little and often.

Little and often is what I've been doing after a couple of failures earlier this year. Whether or not this is indeed the road to QC redemption, I don't know. Alamy has never said. But it seems to make sense. So far so good...

Yes, very roughly.

edit- just had another look. Going back a year, I had a few fails with instant notification but as soon as the pass rate dropped below about 90%, I was straight in the bin. Thereafter, straight in again, 3 times now, even with 7 passes in between.

It's obvious that you are looked at very carefully after the first sentence and I'm quite sure I'm being failed on images which would hitherto have passed. There is also some inconsistency now in that an image of a type which passes in one submission has been failed in the next.

Now I don't know whether I'm coming or going, whether my visual acuity has suddenly got worse, or what.

Yes, very roughly.

edit- just had another look. Going back a year, I had a few fails with instant notification but as soon as the pass rate dropped below about 90%, I was straight in the bin. Thereafter, straight in again, 3 times now, even with 7 passes in between.

It's obvious that you are looked at very carefully after the first sentence and I'm quite sure I'm being failed on images which would hitherto have passed. There is also some inconsistency now in that an image of a type which passes in one submission has been failed in the next.

Now I don't know whether I'm coming or going, whether my visual acuity has suddenly got worse, or what.

Since Alamy doesn't look at every photo, could be it wasn't reviewed in the first submission but was in the second. So just cause something passes once, doesn't necessarily mean it was passed. Just might not have been one of the ones pulled for inspection.

Jill

Yes, very roughly.

Just checked and my pass rate (based on number of submissions) for the past year is roughly 94%. I did include a handful of news uploads. Perhaps I shouldn't have. I've managed to stay "clean" for the past few months, so I don't know if I'm still eligible for 30 days free room and board. Am hoping that I don't find out any time soon.

EDIT: redid the math and it's about 86% pass rate without the news uploads

Yes, very roughly.

Just checked and my pass rate (based on number of submissions) for the past year is roughly 94%. I did include a handful of news uploads. Perhaps I shouldn't have. I've managed to stay "clean" for the past few months, so I don't know if I'm still eligible for 30 days free room and board. Am hoping that I don't find out any time soon.

EDIT: redid the math and it's about 86% pass rate without the news uploads

Sorry to say once you are on the radar, you will continue to be there even after 10 passes.  I've had long stretches with no failures then BAM!  30 days.

The pixel peeping has become very weird, IMHO.  But we all know that.  Like SpaceCadet, I really don't know a thing about how to review my images anymore.  I feel I'm just starting out in stock and don't know anything.  No convictions, no faith in my skill, no confidence.

Today I looked over about 40 images I have ready and ended up deleting 6 or so of them.  Ones that looked good, but the fear factor kicked in.

My cable connection has gone bad and I could not upload today. Technician coming tomorrow afternoon.  That'll give me a chance to go over them for the 3rd time. Who knows, I might just end up with 5 to upload.

I posted this last night after back-to-back months in the sin bin. đi đi mà sin bin in Alamy Quality Control. . . . I had about seven years of no failures, now they've carved my name over the cell door. Alamy's statement is right below mine. They are saying there's been no change but if you do a search of "sin bin" you'll get various contributors' points of view. 

Edo

Archived