I can't quite find the answer to this question, so I am hoping someone with experience of this can tell me off the top of their head.

I understand that if I submit 2 or more batches and the first fails, then all subsequent batches will be rejected. What I want to know is, are the subsequent batches also marked as 'failed' in track images?  

So, if I submit 3 batches over 3 days say, then the first batch fails, will the other two be marked as 'failed'.  Would my failure rate jump by one or three? 

Sorry if this is obvious somewhere.  I have not submitted new batches until the first has passed QC, so I have not seen what the 'track images' screen shows when multiple batches have been rejected.  

I can't quite find the answer to this question, so I am hoping someone with experience of this can tell me off the top of their head.

I understand that if I submit 2 or more batches and the first fails, then all subsequent batches will be rejected. What I want to know is, are the subsequent batches also marked as 'failed' in track images?  

So, if I submit 3 batches over 3 days say, then the first batch fails, will the other two be marked as 'failed'.  Would my failure rate jump by one or three? 

Sorry if this is obvious somewhere.  I have not submitted new batches until the first has passed QC, so I have not seen what the 'track images' screen shows when multiple batches have been rejected.  

When an image in one batch fails QC stops and it is counted as one failure - but, as far as I remember - all prior and subsequent batches being QCed at the same time will be marked as failed QC.

Edited: Yep, just tracked my last failure in 2011, and it confirms the above  ....

Forgive me for nitpicking your answer, Niels, but only one of the first batch is eventually "marked as failed in QC." The other images in the first batch and all the images we might submit during our 28 days in the sin bin get treated as failed; everything sits their until you've served out your sentence. At the end of our 28 days one image in the first batch is marked in red as failed, and we can click on it to see the reason why. At that point we can begin submitting other images again.

If an image sits in the QC line for a few days, I submit another image or two, as a test. If everything in both batches fails to move, I know I'm in the sin bin.  :(

Thank you both for your replies.  That is helpful.  I just wondered because I have only a few batches already through QC and I wouldn't want to have one failure which would count as two or three failures.  At this point, as a percentage of the batches I have submitted, it would decimate my pass rate.

Many thanks.

Just do the step by step of your workflow every time and you'll be okay. In my first almost 7 years I had no failed images, but in the past 9 months I've had three. Each time it was my fault . . . although for a minute or two I blamed QC.   ;)

Yes, I have had one batch fail because of two images being SoLD.  It was the kick up the backside I needed to be more thorough. I was particularly annoyed with myself because I had swithered over those two images and submitted them anyway - I should have just ditched them. So, I am using that as a rule now - if in doubt, leave them out.....

Thanks again, it's really good to be offered encouragement here.

At this point, as a percentage of the batches I have submitted, it would decimate my pass rate.

Can't say for sure, but I think you might be correct. I always submit one batch and wait for it to clear QC before submitting the next one. The less red ink I see on my "Track submissions" page, the better I feel. Guess I'm superstitious. Good luck.

At this point, as a percentage of the batches I have submitted, it would decimate my pass rate.

Can't say for sure, but I think you might be correct. I always submit one batch and wait for it to clear QC before submitting the next one. The less red ink I see on my "Track submissions" page, the better I feel. Guess I'm superstitious. Good luck.

Funny how that red one always seems to jump out at you!

Funny how that red one always seems to jump out at you!

It can bite too! I know from personal experience.

Forgive me for nitpicking your answer, Niels, but only one of the first batch is eventually "marked as failed in QC." The other images in the first batch and all the images we might submit during our 28 days in the sin bin get treated as failed; everything sits their until you've served out your sentence. At the end of our 28 days one image in the first batch is marked in red as failed, and we can click on it to see the reason why. At that point we can begin submitting other images again.

If an image sits in the QC line for a few days, I submit another image or two, as a test. If everything in both batches fails to move, I know I'm in the sin bin.  :(

You are right. Sorry that I was not precise enough  :)

I'm new to Alamy. None of my pics have been approved yet. I am wondering what "Check all images at 100% for any flaws before uploading" means. I have downloaded Adobe Photoshop. So I am trying to learn it. But I am pretty new to this whole concept of selling photos. I find nothing in Photoshop that says "check image at 100%".  Thank You!

I'm new to Alamy. None of my pics have been approved yet. I am wondering what "Check all images at 100% for any flaws before uploading" means. I have downloaded Adobe Photoshop. So I am trying to learn it. But I am pretty new to this whole concept of selling photos. I find nothing in Photoshop that says "check image at 100%".  Thank You!

100% = "Actual pixels".

Alan

You need to magnify your image until it is at 100% of it's size.  On my version of PS, the % of image size is located at the bottom left.  Once it's at 100%, check the image to make sure it is clearly in focus.

Archived