I've wondered the same thing since I don't particularly like the name I chose for my one-and-only pseudonym. I guess you could always create a new pseudo to your liking, move your images to it, and then delete the old pseudo. You would of course lose whatever ranking your old pseudonym had, which might not be a good thing.

I've wondered the same thing since I don't particularly like the name I chose for my one-and-only pseudonym. I guess you could always create a new pseudo to your liking, move your images to it, and then delete the old pseudo. You would of course lose whatever ranking your old pseudonym had, which might not be a good thing.

I think if you did as John has suggested then you should only lose your rank until the next re-rank, in theory, as the images which gave your first pseudo its rank will be in the new one. We are due for a re-rank anytime now so you need to move fast.

Pearl

I think if you did as John has suggested then you should only lose your rank until the next re-rank, in theory, as the images which gave you first pseudo its rank will be in the new one.  We are due for a re-rank anytime now so you need to move fast.

Pearl

I'm not sure it works that way, maybe don't delete your old pseudo yet, but leave some images in it. Just in case.

wim

I think if you did as John has suggested then you should only lose your rank until the next re-rank, in theory, as the images which gave you first pseudo its rank will be in the new one.  We are due for a re-rank anytime now so you need to move fast.

Pearl

I'm not sure it works that way, maybe don't delete your old pseudo yet, but leave some images in it. Just in case.

wim

I agree Wim. If, as we have been told, AR is worked out on the performance of a pseudo over the past 100 days (or whatever, can't be bothered checking the exacty period), that strongly suggests to me that AR would NOT "stay" with a group of images if they moved to another (new) pseudo. The new pseudo, as I understand it, would be given the same rank as all new pseudos.

dd

According to Alamy the rank info such as sales and zooms stays with the image not the pseudo.  But still probably best to stay safe and not delete the old one until you are sure.

Pearl

I'm thinking pseudos too and wonder what others would do in my case.

My current rank is very low at quarter page down on page 24 I'm ashamed to say. I do have some good sales and zoomed images though.

So would others move the zoomed/sold images to a new pseudo and obtain a median ranking for them, leaving the other images in the old pseudo to take their chances?

Or would it be better to leave the zoomed/sold image in the old pseudo and hope on a re-rank for it to move up. The other images being placed in the new pseudo to obtain the median ranking?

Move all images to the new pseudo giving a median rank?

Do nothing? Which I think is not an option now.

By the way BHZ returns 3048 images, so there are a lot of us playing the game.

Allan

My current rank is very low at quarter page down on page 24 I'm ashamed to say. I do have some good sales and zoomed images though.

So would others move the zoomed/sold images to a new pseudo and obtain a median ranking for them, leaving the other images in the old pseudo to take their chances?

Or would it be better to leave the zoomed/sold image in the old pseudo and hope on a re-rank for it to move up. The other images being placed in the new pseudo to obtain the median ranking?

Allan

What I did last year was put my poorer performing images and those that didn't seem to fit in my main collection into a newly created pseudo (currently contains about 350 images). I haven't been playing BHZ Bingo, so I don't know whether or not this move improved my overall AR. However, what I do know is that my new pseudo's CTR skyrockets when an image in it is zoomed or sold. Don't know if all this means anything, but I thought I would toss it in. Good luck with the big decision.

yes thats what i meant

Can't really answer your question because I'm no expert on this stuff. I created a second pseudonym mainly because I wanted to weed out some images from my main collection in order to hopefully give them some more exposure. Not really sure how well this experiment has worked out so far. However, the new "My Alamy" page consistently lists my secondary pseudonym as having a higher CTR than that of my main pseudo, where almost all of my sales and zooms still come from (50 sales vs. 3 sales from secondary pseudo so far this year). It's all a bit of a mystery to me.

Allan

I would put the best performing images in a new pseudo which would then get a median rank. At the next re-rank (which should be soon) your new pseudo should go to a high position.  You can then move some more images into it but I wouldn't move them all, just pick what you think might have high potential to sell well if seen. Don't include too many similars either.

I have done this in the past and it worked well.  As I said above, the sales info moves with the image. Don't get too hung up on CTR as that can swing wildly for pseudos with low numbers of images and is only a small part of the ranking equation.

Pearl

Thank you for your comments John and Pearl.

John I think that when an image is zoomed in a pseudo which has comparatively few images it would have a greater effect on the CTR than a zoom from a pseudo with thousands of images.

Alamy states:

"CTR stands for “Click Through Rate” which is the number of zooms divided by the number of views, multiplied by 100."

So if your pseudo has less images it follows that the number of views will be smaller, giving a bigger number when the zooms are divided by that number or CTR. If you see what I mean.

In your case John it might be a good idea to split your 4000+ images across four or five pseudos with a mix of high selling and zoomed images with the less well performing images thus improving ranking for all your pseudos.

Someone will now explain why you should not carry out the above suggestion.

Allan

What are the advantages of multiply pseudo' please ?

Generally contributors with thousands of images may split them into different pseudos depending on subject or other specific to better keep track of them.

That, as well as trying to gain the upper hand in the ranking stakes as mentioned above.

Allan

Thank you for your comments John and Pearl.

John I think that when an image is zoomed in a pseudo which has comparatively few images it would have a greater effect on the CTR than a zoom from a pseudo with thousands of images.

Alamy states:

"CTR stands for “Click Through Rate” which is the number of zooms divided by the number of views, multiplied by 100."

So if your pseudo has less images it follows that the number of views will be smaller, giving a bigger number when the zooms are divided by that number or CTR. If you see what I mean.

In your case John it might be a good idea to split your 4000+ images across four or five pseudos with a mix of high selling and zoomed images with the less well performing images thus improving ranking for all your pseudos.

Someone will now explain why you should not carry out the above suggestion.

Allan

You're probably correct, Allan. I've thought of splitting up my collection further. However, I think (?) that I might have a number of repeat buyers on Alamy, especially for my Latin American images, and I don't want them wondering what happened to that John Mitchell guy from Vancouver.

Archived