Calumet Photo OUT OF BUSINESS! :-(

That's sad, I do hope their European stores stay open. The Berlin store always seems busy at least but I was surprised on a trip back to England a few weeks ago that the store they had in Nottingham had closed down.

Very sad for me too! Calumet had taken over our last remaining pro level camera shop in the Washington DC area and now without them, we have nothing. I did my best to support them as much as I could. I guess B&H Photo, in NYC, will get all my business from now on.

So sad...Only ONE camera store in metro Chicago now.Central Camera is about it for downtown Chicago...And from what I remember they do not allow returns unless something is totally broken.

Calumet Photo has gone out of business.

http://fstoppers.com/calumet-photographic-u-s-stores-closed

L

That's too bad, Linda.

Okla. City has, through the years, lost stores until we're down to one, also.  I think Best Buy probably had something to do with that, plus digital knocking out the print business.  Not sure if Calumet did prints. 

We had a really nice print store with quality above what you get at Wal Mart type stores, and digital fixed their wagon. When Bob & I shot transparencies, that's where we got them developed.  It was nothing to spend over $100 a month between us. Then we went digital, and the money went toward Photoshop and such, only choosing to print a few.   That's where I had my senior pictures and wedding pics printed.  Nothing stays the same. 

That's sad, I do hope their European stores stay open. The Berlin store always seems busy at least but I was surprised on a trip back to England a few weeks ago that the store they had in Nottingham had closed down.

Yes, the Nottingham store closed several years ago. I had used them through various incarnations from when they were The Nottingham Photo Centre in the centre of town (Pelham Street). They got me one of the very first Canon EOS-3 and later the Canon EOS-1Ds in the UK, ahead of even the press as David K pointed out (I wrpote reviews for him) when we were talking at the Photo Show last week.

I still deal with my old Nottingham contact who is now working out of Birmingham, I hope his, and his colleagues', jobs are safe.

Have long thought of Manhattan's Adorama, B&H superstore, and Calumet as great sources of camera equipment and special events, workshops... Got my LaCie monitor from Calumet years ago.

So now the ABC's are down to AB's - very sad.

- Ann

Archived