Co relation between a zoom and a sale

There is not always a correlation between zooms and sales -- i.e. images that have been zoomed don't always sell, and images that sell have not necessarily been zoomed.

By the way, you appear to have a lot of similars in your collection. You might want to think about deleting some of them. It would probably increase the possibility of your making sales.

Good luck.

The connection is at best tenuous, particularly since they moved on to mouse over views. Only known account holding customers activate the zoom function. These are only a fraction of the customer base which may be your buyers.

dov

There is not always a correlation between zooms and sales -- i.e. images that have been zoomed don't always sell, and images that sell have not necessarily been zoomed.

By the way, you appear to have a lot of similars in your collection. You might want to think about deleting some of them. It would probably increase the possibility of your making sales.

Good luck.

This is indeed the best thing to think about first. This is not only relevant to Alamy but i many sence also to other agencies.....even microstock. Similars really will hurt your reputation. When client sees 10 almost the same images and have to go throught all of them they will get irritatet. On Alamy you have the extra thing that it will affect your search position. Better have 2 images on top then 10 totally down. What i learned the best thing to do if you want more images is for every subject to have 1 landscape, 1 portrait and 1 different then the two for example taken from the right down corner. So 3 images but all three different shot. Then a client can choose from 3 different images.

Sorry Rakesh to go little bit next to topic. Related your question i can say that 66% percent of my sales came from zooms.

Mirco

Good luck.

This is indeed the best thing to think about first. This is not only relevant to Alamy but i many sence also to other agencies.....even microstock. Similars really will hurt your reputation. When client sees 10 almost the same images and have to go throught all of them they will get irritatet. On Alamy you have the extra thing that it will affect your search position. Better have 2 images on top then 10 totally down. What i learned the best thing to do if you want more images is for every subject to have 1 landscape, 1 portrait and 1 different then the two for example taken from the right down corner. So 3 images but all three different shot. Then a client can choose from 3 different images.

Sorry Rakesh to go little bit next to topic. Related your question i can say that 66% percent of my sales came from zooms.

Mirco

Yes, because Alamy accepts so many similars, it's tempting to upload everything from a shoot rather than do a thorough editing job. IMO it's much more productive in the long run to select only the "best" and most representatives shots from a set and upload them.

The vast majority of my sales have shown up as zooms at some point. I guess it depends on to whom you usually sell. Newspaper, magazine and  textbooks sales usually show as zooms before purchases are made. It can be a long time between the zoom and the sale appearing (6 months to a year for books especially)

Archived