I checked " Your Images " today and had some odd numbers. My zooms for today were 2 and 2. When I drilled down I found only one and one image per pseudo, and the little box lower left showed only one click in each case.

I logged out and logged back in only to find the same oddity. I looked at the totals for the month drilling down on both pseudos and found that the images in both cases were one short of the total count. Again the little boxes only showed one click.

Confused? Me too.

Anyone else had this?

dov

Dov,

I've actually already contacted MS about this and there also appears to have been the same corruption of data for Tuesday's figures.

What I've found is that my views for the 2 days are up by 50% above normal - from around 3500 to 5100. This is such a huge increase that can't simply be explained by customer activity. Moreover, I'm seeing the same thing as you with regard to zooms. On my main pseudonym for yesterday, I had 28 showing - but if I click on the 28, I only get 22 images each with 1 zoom against them.

With regard to specific search terms, there's one UCO that shows I've had 3 zooms out of a Total Zooms of 2!! Clicking on my 3 zooms only brings up 1 image with 1 zoom against it but 3 views.

All very strange!

Ian D

If you click on the pseudo name, to the left, instead of the number, THEN on the number in the zooms column, you get more data - the number of zooms and 'total number of views'. It seems the number corresponds to the views, not the zooms. At least it has for me for the last few days.

If you click on the pseudo name, to the left, instead of the number, THEN on the number in the zooms column, you get more data - the number of zooms and 'total number of views'. It seems the number corresponds to the views, not the zooms. At least it has for me for the last few days.

Well spotted Phil - thanks. I have found the same thing. That has bumped up my zooms a bit!

That is certainly worth a greenie.

dov

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Alamy has now resolved the problem and taken out the corrupted zoom data from older searches.

I noticed a big drop in my rolling zooms today and, looking back over the problem days, note that the figures have been amended to reflect the correction.

Ian D

Archived