2 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

lots of zooms do not result in sales. Lots of sales were never zoomed, But we all like both zooms and sales

+1

31 / 47 zooms

6 of the sales had also been marked as zoomed or the other way around.

A better way of judging how many zooms lead to sales (licenses) is to set the dates for the rolling year on both. Better still: look at last year for both. It seems that 3 months is the limit for the system to know if it's this zoom that has led to that sale.

Zooms from within a lightbox are not visible btw.

Searches by Alamy ref # are not visible anymore, while they were abundant when they still were visible. So no zooms will show up either while previously this was exactly the zoom that was linked to a sale, not the one for the initial search term.

wim

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian Yarvin said:

With my work, there is no correlation between sales and zooms. My zoomed images almost never become sales and my sold images are almost never zoomed.

Same experience here generally, though this month a sale was zoomed but many more zooms than usual this month and only one sale so far with a day and a half left this month. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brian Yarvin said:

With my work, there is no correlation between sales and zooms. My zoomed images almost never become sales and my sold images are almost never zoomed.

Same for me and when a zoom is sold it usually happens right away.

Paulette

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's difficult to track, because some zooms license immediately, and some a few months afterwards.

Going back over the last 3 months, I have 61 zooms and 61 licenses. 

• 1 x Zoomed 3 times, licensed 2 times
  • 1 x Zoomed 2 times, licensed 3 times
  • 1 x Zoomed 2 times, licensed 2 times
  • 1 x Zoomed once, licensed 2 times
  • 11 x zoomed once, licensed once

So 20 zoomed and licensed, out of 61 overall licenses.

Edited by Steve F

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prior to the changes about 2-3years ago, my standard ratio of zooms to sales, was about 3.5-4, ie. ie about 3.5 to 4 zooms for every sale that I made.

Over the last year or thereabouts, its between 2 and 2.5 zooms per sale; Zoom numbers have reduced significantly, as have view numbers; sales numbers slightly lower than previously

Kumar