Sorry

Ed Rooney

Question

14 answers to this question

Father, may I please ask you to do me a semi-religious practical favor?  I shall try to pay back with a bunch of Hail Marys and Our Fathers. 

I cannot upload images to Alamy or contact them for help with an email. Would you please contact them and ask them to email me? 

Bless you, and Gracie, Padre. 

43 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Father, may I please ask you to do me a semi-religious practical favor?  I shall try to pay back with a bunch of Hail Marys and Our Fathers. 

I cannot upload images to Alamy or contact them for help with an email. Would you please contact them and ask them to email me? 

Bless you, and Gracie, Padre. 

......so how did you get on the forum?

Posted (edited)

The forum is not part of the problem. I can get on the forum and my dashboard. I can't upload images and I can't email Alamy for help.

Edited by Ed Rooney

I have problems with my ancient MacBook Air. It doesn't want anything to do with some websites. I can't load a few and now the only way I seem to see photos at Alamy is through my portfolio page. The links to others on the forum don't produce any images and I can't use the main search page. I've just thought I must get a new MacBookAir since everything seems to be fine on my newish MacBookPro. Just throwing this in as a related subject because Edo is having trouble. He has much newer laptops, I think. Most websites do load on the old Air and I wonder why some don't and why Alamy is one of the ones I have problems with. I mostly use the Air for emails and the Forum so I haven't been in a hurry to replace it.

Paulette

I have a basic M1 MacBook Air, Paulette. I don't feel that any of my current problems have to do with my computer. I think it's all about Alamy. 

Presume you've tried mailing contributors@alamy.com   ?  

There doesn't appear to be a phone number for contributors to use for general enquiries. 

Edited by Bryan

I have, Bryan. It just just takes me back to the listing.

And the upload is still not working. If it's still non-functional early Monday, I'll contact James A. He's always helpful, but he looks so happy with his boys and lovely wife, I hate to bother him. 

Mother's Day tomorrow and the Oscars tomorrow night. 

26 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I have, Bryan. It just just takes me back to the listing.

And the upload is still not working. If it's still non-functional early Monday, I'll contact James A. He's always helpful, but he looks so happy with his boys and lovely wife, I hate to bother him. 

Mother's Day tomorrow and the Oscars tomorrow night. 

No no no.... Mother's Day is in May..... I hope...... Startled me. ....I greatly sympathize with your troubles, Edo. My new iPhone has a mind of its own. It knows my friend Dennis is having a birthday today. It wants me to call him but I'd rather email today and call when I have less work. Never mind, I was waiting for a bus when I realized my phone was calling Dennis. I tried to hang up but now I've had a message from him that I tried to call him. Tell my iPhone to stop being so helpful. I hope your Alamy woes end soon. I seem to have lost the glasses I prefer to use for the computer. I live in a small one bedroom apartment. Surely I should be able to find them. Meanwhile, I will buy new ones.

Paulette

Paulette, my dear -- in the UK, Mother's Day is March 10, tomorrow.

Remember how helpful digital tech once was, back when normal folks could open packages?