QC

Rod

I was surprised that I uploaded several photos that were in QC.  I received a message back that because 1 picture failed, all images are rejected.  Is this the standard process?  If so, why can't they just reject the one photo and leave the others?  This process seems a little cumbersome.  This is my 1st trial of Alamy with bulk uploads.  In comparison to Getty, they don't reject the entire group; just the one that didn't pass (and they give the reason).  If I am missing a step, I would appreciate the group's advice.  

If this is the process, my next question would be how do I delete all submitted photos, as I will just work with Getty.

This is the process. Many people make it work for them.

Risk based QC sampling is common in many walks of life and industry. It's cost effective. If part of the sample fails, it's an indicator the rest of the batch will exhibit the same or other problems.

https://www.alamy.com/blog/alamy-quality-control-qc

Have fun with G.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rod said:

I was surprised that I uploaded several photos that were in QC.  I received a message back that because 1 picture failed, all images are rejected.  Is this the standard process?  If so, why can't they just reject the one photo and leave the others?  This process seems a little cumbersome.  This is my 1st trial of Alamy with bulk uploads.  In comparison to Getty, they don't reject the entire group; just the one that didn't pass (and they give the reason).  If I am missing a step, I would appreciate the group's advice.  

If this is the process, my next question would be how do I delete all submitted photos, as I will just work with Getty.

Alamy don't check every image just a select few from the batch. If an image fails the batch fails. Send Contributor relations an email and they will delete your portfolio according to their terms and conditions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have just had a small batch rejected due to the dreaded "lacking definition". Images of a Grey Heron with a fish in its bill. I can't be bothered to get into a hissy fit with A over a bird picture. Move swiftly onwards and try harder.

Andy.

• Like 3

Andy, occasional rejections should never be stumbling blocks, but shouldn't be ignored either. Each mistake we make is a chance to learn something. We can all do better.

• Like 3

Perfectly true what I was getting at, for me having a back and forth with A over an image that would probably end up being licenced for peanuts is not worth the time.

Andy. 

Andy, there's a perspective issue here; a back and forth about a single image is never worth it, but a back and forth that improves the quality of your future submissions always is.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2024 at 13:18, aphperspective said:

I have just had a small batch rejected due to the dreaded "lacking definition". Images of a Grey Heron with a fish in its bill. I can't be bothered to get into a hissy fit with A over a bird picture. Move swiftly onwards and try harder.

Andy.

As I see it there are 3 options:

1. Fix the image that failed (if you can.. possibly downsizing could help if it is large enough for example) and then resubmit the whole batch.

2. Resubmit the batch with the image that failed omitted (assuming the rest of the batch is good enough)

3. Just move on, chalk it down to experience, do better with the next batch...

I had my first failure in years a month ago just a few weeks ago. The image which failed was in hindsight not good enough. I went with option 2, and the rest of the images passed. And now I am paying a little more attention again. No drama.. it happens....

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Like 1