February Challenge - Old person/people doing something. No portraits

On 09/02/2024 at 21:00, Colin Woods said:

anolder-man-fallen-asleep-on-the-sofa-wh

Does nodding off on the sofa count as "doing something". My dad conked out after playing with the grandchildren.

an-older-couple-holding-hands-and-talkin

A grab shot of my parents at the pub. A half-stop over flashed, but I just had the grab the camera and shoot before they realised that I had my camera out.

a-grandfather-adjusting-the-hairclips-of

My dad performing hair-clip adjustments on my daughter.

You didn't need to tell us he was your dad! The resemblance, especially in the first photo, is striking. Wonderful looking family!

So many great photographs.

Big congrats Betty on your well-deserved win! 

And a slightly belated Happy Birthday Paulette! 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1

My friends are the right age but they are all camera shy, so here are my three in the spirit of the contest. The first one is doing a yoga pose, but she isn't posing. She didn't even realized I'd taken her photo 😎  The folks in the second photo are posing, but not for me. And the third guy is bird-watching, thought you'd appreciate that.    🦜   🐦   🦅

active-senior-woman-practicing-yoga-outd

older-couple-riding-electric-scooters-ta

lego-minifigure-man-with-backpack-and-bi

• Love 3

I'm gonna post 3 in the challenge this month.

senior-male-busker-from-the-czech-republ

Senior Czech fiddle player busking in Galway, Ireland

elderly-asian-woman-collecting-cans-and-

Chinese woman in NYC of advanced years carrying cans and bottles for recycling. She did this all day long, God bless her.

senior-citizens-sightseeing-in-rome-B4X4

An elderly English couple navigating their way around Rome with the aid of a paper map. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

On 08/02/2024 at 09:50, Michael Ventura said:

I use a few different terms in the keywords, as we don’t know what buyers will use.  I don’t think Betty will care if “old” is used or not, it’s the concept of being older in age.

True. I’m not checking tags, the picture is worth a thousand words.

Michael Ventura do you need my email address to tell me how to set up the poll when the time comes? I looked under the heading Poll & think I can figure out most of it. I can see the numbered blanks where the image titles, name of photographer & image goes, then keep adding boxes until I get to eight. I assume I don’t check the box for showing voter’s names for one. Do I put in a date for when voting ends?

Anything else I need to know? Is there something to set that once someone votes, they can see how many votes each image has but can’t see it until they vote or is that automatic?

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

Hi Betty, you pretty much have it.  Below the “poll” area, you will see a secondary posting field and that is where you copy and paste your selected photos, just the way you would do in a standard post.  I am traveling thru Monday but home when I may be needed.

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Hi Betty, you pretty much have it.  Below the “poll” area, you will see a secondary posting field and that is where you copy and paste your selected photos, just the way you would do in a standard post.  I am traveling thru Monday but home when I may be needed.  My email is michael@michaelventura.com 

I got it, so you can delete your email address. Thanks, Michael.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Folks, I can't figure how to do the poll. I set it all up the way I thought I was supposed to, but when I tried to post, it wouldn't accept it.  I've been at it forever & give up. Guess I'm too old & dumb to figure it out.

Michael, I sent you a text and a photo of my choices,(actually a phone shot of what I was composing on Alamy) along with image numbers. Can you do it for me?

Thank you, thank you, thank you or pass it on to someone else. 😀 And make an enemy.

I meant for you folks to wake up Friday to the poll. It's 11:30 here, 12:30 after midnight where Michael lives. So it won't be waiting for you soon.

My sister is driving up from Oklahoma to my house in the morning and I have to drive her to get a shot in her neck. She's not allowed to drive after, so I'll be gone for awhile.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Folks, I can't figure how to do the poll. I set it all up the way I thought I was supposed to, but when I tried to post, it wouldn't accept it.  I've been at it forever & give up. Guess I'm too old & dumb to figure it out.

Michael, I sent you a text and a photo of my choices,(actually a phone shot of what I was composing on Alamy) along with image numbers. Can you do it for me?

Thank you, thank you, thank you or pass it on to someone else. 😀 And make an enemy.

I meant for you folks to wake up Friday to the poll. It's 11:30 here, 12:30 after midnight where Michael lives. So it won't be waiting for you soon.

My sister is driving up from Oklahoma to my house in the morning and I have to drive her to get a shot in her neck. She's not allowed to drive after, so I'll be gone for awhile.

Betty

Hi Betty, I will try to get at it this morning sometime.  I have a couple of shoots this afternoon 

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Hi Betty, I will try to get at it this morning sometime.  I have a couple of shoots this afternoon 

Thanks, Michael. I inputted the information so many times I was about to scream.

8 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks, Michael. I inputted the information so many times I was about to scream.

I know, it isn't easy or intuitive.  Going to attempt to do it now.

• Thanks 2