Adobe Camera Raw problem.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
My Photoshop 2024 GPU message:

Warning: Driver update recommended
Warning: Driver is out of date (29 months, should be less than 6 months)
Fail: DirectX feature level 11.0 available, feature level 12.0 required
Pass: OpenGL available
Pass: DirectX available
Pass: Above required VRAM (2010 MB of 1500 MB required)
GPU Detected: NVIDIA Quadro M500M (NVIDIA)

Not sure if I ever posted my specific message...
Still, my only solution is getting new laptop with latest drivers, etc., right...?
(although I can also ignore message & continue using MOST functions, as I am)

You have posted the message in this thread and it has also been discussed in this thread 

The bottom line is you are going to have to bite a bullet sooner or later. If later then you are continuing to miss out on some of the latest features in ACR (Denoise in particular) which ultimately might save you $$$$ by significantly speeding up your workflow as well as allowing you to shoot without fear at high ISOs which was not previously possible. 

This has got nothing directly to do with the subject of this thread which is caused by ACR and/or Lightroom leaving a temporary file on the system which messes up ACR/Lightroom/Bridge correctly reading the GPU's characteristics and causing one or more of these apps to prevent full use of GPU acceleration. It may well be a Mac only bug. which is very easily resolved by deleting the temp file. 

Edited by MDM

24 minutes ago, IKuzmin said:

+1

The card supports DirectX 12

But also check your specific system details to make sure, e.g. can read this

Only supports feature level 11 which is what the failure is.

This is stated in the page you link as 'Direct X 12.0 (FL_11)'

Edit: This page disagrees it even supports 12.

Edited by Martin L

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I've tried to follow Ian's directions but....

I clicked on Finder.  Ian says go to Finder and click on GO in the toolbar while holding down Option key.  If I could find a toolbar, I would do that. Where is the toolbar? I clicked on everything I could find to click on but never saw GO.  If I could find GO, then I could hold down the Option key and click it.

I told you I was computer guts illiterate!

I looked Finder up on the Internet, and it does show a toolbar with GO.  Mine shows choices of Icon or List, groupings, etc.  Not the toolbar it should show.

Hi Betty, 

Toolbar = menubar as below (When you press option the library appears under "home" in the list)

cheers

HUGH

P.S you were looking in a Finder window, whereas Finder is AKA the Desktop

Screenshot-2024-02-01-at-20-38-23.png

Edited by StokeCreative

6 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

Hi Betty, 

Toolbar = menubar as below (When you press option the library appears under "home" in the list)

cheers

HUGH

P.S you were looking in a Finder window, whereas Finder is AKA the Desktop

Screenshot-2024-02-01-at-20-38-23.png

Yes Finder is in my Dock. Clicking on it, the toolbar you show above is missing.  The toolbar I see is something different with no GO in it. It’s just another thing gone wrong with this computer. I can’t find a way to turn it on. No button that gives me a choice to turn it on or off. But thank you for telling me it’s in Desktop, I will look again, but I think I did click on Desktop among others.

Edited by Betty LaRue

10 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yes Finder is in my Dock. Clicking on it, the toolbar you show above is missing.  The toolbar I see is something different with no GO in it. It’s just another thing gone wrong with this computer. I can’t find a way to turn it on. No button that gives me a choice to turn it on or off. But thank you for telling me it’s in Desktop, I will look again, but I think I did click on Desktop among others.

It's not a toolbar - it's just the normal menu bar in the Finder as Hugh says. That is the menu bar you see at the iop of your computer when you are not using any other apps (focis is not on any other apps) and it must be there. The Finder has been a fundamental part of every Mac OS since the dawn of time. 

But it is probably not worth going to the trouble of looking for those temp files anyway as it may not fix the Bridge issue anyway. My Bridge has gone back to its normal buggy self needing to be force quit. My other issue with the GPU is resolved. You might get even more confused if you start messing about with hidden areas of your computer. Given that you can workaround the Bridge issue easily, probably best to forget this thread entirely. 

Edited by MDM

7 hours ago, MDM said:

It's not a toolbar - it's just the normal menu bar in the Finder as Hugh says. That is the menu bar you see at the iop of your computer when you are not using any other apps (focis is not on any other apps) and it must be there. The Finder has been a fundamental part of every Mac OS since the dawn of time. 

But it is probably not worth going to the trouble of looking for those temp files anyway as it may not fix the Bridge issue anyway. My Bridge has gone back to its normal buggy self needing to be force quit. My other issue with the GPU is resolved. You might get even more confused if you start messing about with hidden areas of your computer. Given that you can workaround the Bridge issue easily, probably best to forget this thread entirely. 

I agree. It’s already behind me. 👍

9 hours ago, MDM said:

That is the menu bar you see at the top of your computer when you are not using any other apps (focus is not on any other apps) and it must be there.

Perhaps Betty has Settings>Desktop & Dock>Menu Bar>Automatically hide, set to Always or Full Screen?

In which case the menu bar could be hidden unless the cursor is moved to the top of the screen.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Perhaps Betty has Settings>Desktop & Dock>Menu Bar>Automatically hide, set to Always or Full Screen?

In which case the menu bar could be hidden unless the cursor is moved to the top of the screen.

Mark

I’ll check that out, Mark, thank you. There is a documented thread on the Internet about the menu/toolbar disappearing & solves that don’t work. I’m not the only one it has disappeared on. So I don’t feel I’m completely stupid! :D

On 01/02/2024 at 14:10, MDM said:

This has got nothing directly to do with the subject of this thread...

Just got this from Lenovo:
(will any of these updates allow me to use PS 2024 advanced processing...?)

laptops and netbooks :: thinkpad p series laptops :: thinkpad p40 yoga :: 20gq :: 20gqcto1ww :: r90m85ck Lenovo PC Support - Lenovo Support US
(note: IDK if what link shows me can be seen by others)

thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

laptops and netbooks :: thinkpad p series laptops :: thinkpad p40 yoga :: 20gq :: 20gqcto1ww :: r90m85ck Lenovo PC Support - Lenovo Support US

thanks in advance

I don't know what that link is showing and I am a long way out of date with anything technical related to Windows I'm afraid. Others msy be able to advise but you quoted me. 

This rings of deja vu. The bottom line really is that your current machine most likely will not be able to handle these new features of ACR/Photohshop or, if it can do anything at all, it will be really slow as discussed in the previous thread. Maybe you could upgrade the existing machine - I don't know but you are still stuck with an old machine that is probably not really up to the task. I guess it's either a new machine or accept that you can't use these new features with your existing machine. 

Here are a couple of links to Adobe articles on system specs required which are worth a read:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Edited by MDM

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

thanks in advance

Drivers won't up the Feature Level since it's dependent on the GPU itself. Since laptops can't always have their GPUs upgraded it's usually time to replace the laptop with something newer.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

How much would it cost you to try? Select one that corresponds to your OS, and go ahead.

I would also recommend reading this page, particularly section "Troubleshoot GPU driver issues while using AI-powered features like Lens Blur".

But, IMHO, even if it would allow you to use these features, each run on each image will take a healthy amount of 10-20 min.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

thanks in advance

So? Are you up to date?

wim

21 hours ago, wiskerke said:

So? Are you up to date?

wim

WimW & all

Both it seems.
Contradictory messages from Lenovo
that I am up to date
but then the link I posted with
recommended updates to download;
haven't done so yet out of fear after
reading report from other that it introduced
new problem(s);
if others here are seeing nothing via my link:
here is what I see, copied & pasted: (sorry for length, have reduced font)

End of Development Support

This product is no longer being actively supported by development (End of Development Support) and no further software updates will be provided. Any software or support resources provided by Lenovo are made available “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind, express or implied. Products still covered under the Lenovo Limited Warranty will be covered for repair.

PC Support  >  Laptops   >  P Series laptops (ThinkPad)   >  P40 Yoga Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20GQ

<< Back To Manual Driver List

Graphics Processing Units (GPU) and Server-AI Accelerators (9)

All Updates (9)Recommended (8)Optional (1)

File name
Size
Version
Release Date
Severity

Options

NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460
1.020GB
30.0.100.9806 (NVIDIA) / 30.0.15.1236 (Intel)
18 Jul 2022
Recommended
This package install the NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver.
NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver
1.02 GB
18 Jul 2022
Recommended
View Checksum
README
12.97 KB
18 Jul 2022
Recommended
View Checksum

NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit), 7 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460
752.463 MB
30.0.14.7208 (NVIDIA)/21.20.16.5068 (Intel)
30 Nov 2021
Recommended
This package install the NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver.
NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver
752.45 MB
01 Dec 2021
Recommended
View Checksum
README
13.8 KB
01 Dec 2021
Recommended
View Checksum

Intel Display Adapter Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460
272.178 MB
18 Oct 2020
Recommended
Support devices: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Intel Display Adapter Driver
272.17 MB
18 Nov 2021
Recommended
View Checksum
README
8.56 KB
18 Nov 2021
Recommended
View Checksum

NVIDIA GeForce Experience Driver for Windows 10 64-bit - ThinkPad Yoga 14, Yoga 460, P40 Yoga
136.906 MB
20 Aug 2019
Recommended
NVIDIA GeForce Experience Driver for Windows 10 64-bit - ThinkPad Yoga 14, Yoga 460, P40 Yoga

Intel Display Driver for Windows 8.1, 7 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460
136.009 MB
29 May 2019
Recommended
Intel Display Driver for Windows 8.1, 7 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460

NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460
430.010 MB
21.20.16.4821/23.21.13.9125
27 Dec 2018
Recommended
NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460

ThinkPad Monitor INF File for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad
324.7KB
09 Nov 2018
Optional
ThinkPad Monitor INF File for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Intel Display Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga14, Yoga460, P40
73.807 MB
28 Feb 2018
Recommended
Intel Display Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga14, Yoga460, P40

Screen Rotation Utility for Windows 7 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 12, Yoga 14, Yoga 460
10.307 MB
01 Aug 2017
Recommended
Screen Rotation Utility for Windows 7 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 12, Yoga 14, Yoga 460
Additional Resources

Learn more about driver related questions and issues.

Popular Topics: Drivers, Drivers Update

© 2024 Lenovo. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Cookie Consent Tool | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Browser Compatibility

Feedback
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg