anyone using belt holster?

how quick from hanging to shooting?
less back ache after roaming around all day?
did you totally abandon normal camera strap?
any other comments appreciated

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
how quick from hanging to shooting?
less back ache after roaming around all day?
did you totally abandon normal camera strap?
any other comments appreciated

Gave up neck straps many years ago...pain in the neck,

Settled on Black Rapid cross-body strap with sliding camera attachment.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackRapid-Street-Breathe-Safety-Included/dp/B072QBT8Y5/ref=sr_1_9?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.NSZCDv0FqKBrhKzLnNMoIN4JxTbSaO114rLSlxlaqcN5rV7VsZXTaeHiSskVMzX89Lp_EGr2dpXoztcsw15Ycz4DTFtJ4ybOB0-452crB39ZrhVEH7177iMmElyweTCQ7oPrhlaamZ1WEjb9Vh2M2RaCf05QwXJBD7AEhg8kTxc9t6K2mpZFQAYu5sOBw_z6cWK_CSQ9-6cSj2zomKa-qAfamK0dwm6th6nSuttdFYs.yA6wuj9QrGYmBGZL2rXWR34wdz2M7pMdWBkDuAa-UM0&dib_tag=se&keywords=black%2Brapid%2Bcamera%2Bstraps&qid=1705535694&sr=8-9&th=1

The only down side to this type strap I've found is there is sometimes camera movement when walking with camera hanging by my side.  So if needed I just rest my hand on the camera when walking.   The cross-body strap pretty much eliminates neck discomfort and the sliding camera attachment allows quickly bringing camera up for a shot.

Little pricier now compared to when I got mine.  But knock-offs no doubt available.

For me the hip-hanger holster belt looks to be uncomfortable as the belt would need to be pretty snug, also seems it would be awkward having camera attached to a hip, not to mention the weight on hip.

Edited by Phil
add

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Gave up neck straps many years ago...pain in the neck,

Settled on Black Rapid cross-body strap with sliding camera attachment.

For me the hip-hanger holster belt looks to be uncomfortable as the belt would need to be pretty snug, also seems it would be awkward having camera attached to a hip, not to mention the weight on hip.

Seconded. They give me the totally hands-free option when not shooting, but are also permanently attached. I worry about the idea of having cameras in my hand which aren't connected to anything should I be bumped into or trip when moving. Clearly that applies more to the likes of myself who are covering protest marches and the like.

I used a similar single cross body strap, as mentioned by Phil and AVPics above, when I was shooting weddings. I used a strap made by Sun Sniper. It worked really well and I had no problem with the strap during long days with assorted heavy Canon 5D’s and equally heavy L series lenses attached to it. 

I rarely use the strap these days but I I do use the superb, padded shoulder pad from it on my cross body Billingham bag. It makes that a lot more comfortable to carry.

10 hours ago, Steve F said:

No, just a Peak Design clip for my backpack strap which has the camera near my shoulder when it's attached. Use it a lot.

I have used those as well. They are very good and convenient.

Allan