Shortest upload to reported sale?

Sorry ;)

Uploaded 23 December 2013

Sold in 2 weeks:

Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 06 January 2014
End: 06 January 2019

Arterra, lol again! :D

Uploaded an image on 8th November (2011), spotted it in The Mail on 13th November.

Didn`t show in sales until March 2012.

A few of my Live News images have sold a week or so after going from News to stock.

Joe

Sorry ;)

Uploaded 23 December 2013

Sold in 2 weeks:

Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print use only.

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Start: 06 January 2014

End: 06 January 2019

Arterra, lol again! :D

OK, you win (so far)

My fastest-

Taken 19th September 2012, uploaded 28th September 2012, sale reported 3rd October 2012.

I haven't sold anything else nearly as fast as that, but perhaps if I uploaded a few more images instead of hanging around this forum...........

Sue

If you have a very fast  -- faster than the speed of light -- Internet connection, you could theoretically upload an image today and have it sell yesterday.

Doesn't need to be that fast, even dialup would work - just needs to be faster than speed of time. Upload just after midnight in Japan or Australia and make sale within about 18 hours in the US (esp west coast) and the sale date will be yesterday! (have about 10-12 hours to do it in the UK). Would have to be News I guess to that.

That is of course if Alamy uses local time for upload and sale rather than converting everything to Alamy UK time.

Archived