my dashboard stats

Michael Daily

Question

When I log in and go to my dash board, any recent sales do not appear, only data from 7 years + does.  I have been paid this year & previous years.  It would be interesting to see what has sold.  I have also checked Alamy Measures ab it says zip nada, not any damn sales (LOL).  How can this corrected.

On 28/10/2023 at 03:56, NYCat said:

Assuming you are looking at "Sales history" what is the time period selected at the top? Sounds mysterious.

Paulette

it sales no sales this year, I was paid in last few months, and again around the beginning of the year orr so. 

on my dashboard it says last sale was on 2018, I have had plenty of sales since.  I emailed asking why. no reply???

there is a bug with the system reporting me sales.

Michael

On 28/10/2023 at 03:56, NYCat said:

Assuming you are looking at "Sales history" what is the time period selected at the top? Sounds mysterious.

Paulette

it sales no sales this year, I was paid in last few months, and again around the beginning of the year orr so. 

on my dashboard it says last sale was on 2018, I have had plenty of sales since.  I emailed asking why,

52 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
have you...?
a. signed out of your account
b. shut computer down
c. turn computer on
d. signed into your account

Yes Jeffrey, its been bugged since 2018!

MJD

11 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

That's weird.

I tried your tip Wim and it gives me a much higher total sales figure than on my Dashboard

I think it includes all transactions including DACS and similar, Affiliate fees, Infringements, and, most likely to provide the difference between your own and Alamy's figures, refunds and re-reporting at higher/lower prices.  Do the 'Total payouts to you' figures match with your records?

28 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

I think it includes all transactions including DACS and similar, Affiliate fees, Infringements, and, most likely to provide the difference between your own and Alamy's figures, refunds and re-reporting at higher/lower prices.  Do the 'Total payouts to you' figures match with your records?

The difference between the two is c $50,000 $309859.06 compared to $264,459

How do you check 'Total payouts to you'?

It is the same as clicking the Account balance button on your dashboard page which brings you to Balance of account and then changing the time period to All.

There is no download button and the page is not interactive so no sorting or filtering.

Early on my accountant said it was totally unhelpful. But it does let you track events in case something has gone wrong or you have to search for an affiliate sale or a distributor percentage.

wim

4 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Yes, I see that but how do I check that it is correct?

I keep a continuously updated spreadsheet to record and analyse sales and payments so I can do an instant comparison.  Using pivot tables to extract the data from the sales info I can also compare years, check number and value of sales for individual images, estimate future cashflow, and a whole host of other results that are of interest to me.

Just now, John Richmond said:

I keep a continuously updated spreadsheet to record and analyse sales and payments so I can do an instant comparison.  Using pivot tables to extract the data from the sales info I can also compare years, check number and value of sales for individual images, estimate future cashflow, and a whole host of other results that are of interest to me.

Yes, but how do you do that with the Balance of account data? I don't see a way of extracting the data.

Besides my Excel is greeting me today with:

We're sorry but Excel has run into an error that is preventing me from working correctly. Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now?
Of course I clicked the Yes button. And clicked it the next time and the next and so on. Nothing happens.

wim

8 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

That sound very useful - way above my level of skill. 

15 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Yes, but how do you do that with the Balance of account data? I don't see a way of extracting the data.

You can't.  All the data I use is taken from the Net revenue sales report (Dashboard | Download Sales Report) and altering the date settings to record new data.  This is then exported as a CSV and thence into my Excel spreadsheet.  I can then check my figures against Alamy's figures to ensure they match.  Because I also keep a record of payments I know how much revenue is outstanding (uncleared/cleared but not yet paid) and can check this against the figure in the Balance of Accounts.  I've not found a problem so far - although I still operate on the old adage of trust but verify.

Edited by John Richmond
typo

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

That's weird.

I tried your tip Wim and it gives me a much higher total sales figure than on my Dashboard

I believe that Account Balance shows all activity, including licenses that are subsequently refunded. The initial sale adds to the sales total, and the refund adds to the deductions total. If the license is then re-issued at a different price, it again adds to the sales total. So refunded sales are effectively recorded twice, which would probably account for the discrepancy.

As an example:
Sale +$100
Commission -$60
Then a refund:
Sale refunded -$100
Commission returned +$60
The overall balance is back to zero, but if you add up the positive transactions, you get $160 of "phantom" sales that are added to the "Sales total".

Edited by DJ Myford
Clarification

1 minute ago, John Richmond said:

You can't.  All the data I use is taken from the Net revenue sales report (Dashboard | Download Sales Report) and altering the data settings to record new data.  This is then exported as a CSV and thence into my Excel spreadsheet.  I can then check my figures against Alamy's figures to ensure they match.  Because I also keep a record of payments I know how much revenue is outstanding (uncleared/cleared but not yet paid) and can check this against the figure in the Balance of Accounts.  I've not found a problem so far - although I operate on the old adage of trust - but verify.

Yes I do a similar thing, but less fancy.

Because I have not been able to incorporate everything I want into an Excel sheet, I'm keeping my total sales by image in a flat document until I find a way.

My requirements are quite simple: a list of sales by image ordered with the best selling to the least selling one. But it has to include a thumbnail. Just not on every row, but only one for each image. Individual sales must be listed old to new or new to old, but have to stay in that order. And I want additional info like distributor or affiliate sales. Plus camera and lens data. Not f-stops of course, just which lens and sometimes which technique in a different field.

It looks like Microsoft has just disabled all my bought Office 365 programs. No Word or PowerPoint either. No trace in my Microsoft account. It's probably forcing subscription down our throats. Oh the times when we just had WordPerfect and Ventura. And you owned what you bought.

wim

6 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

My requirements are quite simple: a list of sales by image ordered with the best selling to the least selling one. But it has to include a thumbnail. Just not on every row, but only one for each image. Individual sales must be listed old to new or new to old, but have to stay in that order. And I want additional info like distributor or affiliate sales. Plus camera and lens data. Not f-stops of course, just which lens and sometimes which technique in a different field.

I'm still using an old Pro version of Excel, not 365, which doesn't allow embedding of an image within a cell, so I've always used hyperlinks to individual images in an external thumbnail folder to link images in a spreadsheet.

I list my sales in old to new order and add all the new ones at the bottom of the existing table.  One of my pivot tables then extracts the data and orders it by image reference and shows #of sales and values of sales for each image.  I can sort on any order I need.  With regards to all the other stuff you want to do it's easy enough to add columns to hold the extra data and then extract using further pivot tables or COUNTIF / SUMIF functions.

1 hour ago, John Richmond said:

I'm still using an old Pro version of Excel, not 365, which doesn't allow embedding of an image within a cell, so I've always used hyperlinks to individual images in an external thumbnail folder to link images in a spreadsheet.

I list my sales in old to new order and add all the new ones at the bottom of the existing table.  One of my pivot tables then extracts the data and orders it by image reference and shows #of sales and values of sales for each image.  I can sort on any order I need.  With regards to all the other stuff you want to do it's easy enough to add columns to hold the extra data and then extract using further pivot tables or COUNTIF / SUMIF functions.

Thank you. I had never thought about the 365 not accepting images.

It seems it has been re-introduced to 365 this year (last July? August?). Announcement here.

I may look into it again when my current problems have been solved.

My Excel now all of a sudden has (Unlicensed Product) next to it's name in the header. Maybe that was the repair.

There seems to be no place to insert one's owner key or activation code any more. Oh well.

Wait: You're invited to try Microsoft 365 for free. https://tweakers.net/g/s/bonk.gif

It's raining anyway, so I may just as well do a quick Google search on this. I suspect the unexpected and unsolicited Win10>Win11 upgrade has converted my existing 365? home use? license into a free trial version and the free period is now over.

I am so tempted to hit the uninstall button.

wim

edit: it turns out my existing product was called Office 365. The current is Microsoft 365 and yes they somehow did a switcheroo somewhere.

Edited by wiskerke

4 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

I believe that Account Balance shows all activity, including licenses that are subsequently refunded. The initial sale adds to the sales total, and the refund adds to the deductions total. If the license is then re-issued at a different price, it again adds to the sales total. So refunded sales are effectively recorded twice, which would probably account for the discrepancy.

As an example:
Sale +$100
Commission -$60
Then a refund:
Sale refunded -$100
Commission returned +$60
The overall balance is back to zero, but if you add up the positive transactions, you get $160 of "phantom" sales that are added to the "Sales total".

That's right. I've noticed this. Refunds are double-counted. Likewise in one's number of licences.

Edited by spacecadet

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Thank you. I had never thought about the 365 not accepting images.

It seems it has been re-introduced to 365 this year (last July? August?). Announcement here.

I may look into it again when my current problems have been solved.

My Excel now all of a sudden has (Unlicensed Product) next to it's name in the header. Maybe that was the repair.

There seems to be no place to insert one's owner key or activation code any more. Oh well.

Wait: You're invited to try Microsoft 365 for free. https://tweakers.net/g/s/bonk.gif

It's raining anyway, so I may just as well do a quick Google search on this. I suspect the unexpected and unsolicited Win10>Win11 upgrade has converted my existing 365? home use? license into a free trial version and the free period is now over.

I am so tempted to hit the uninstall button.

wim

edit: it turns out my existing product was called Office 365. The current is Microsoft 365 and yes they somehow did a switcheroo somewhere.

Have you tried LibreOffice, a free and open-source office?