Spiny tiger Shrimp, about 10-12mm long, this taken front on, maybe 4mm wide
spiny-tiger-shrimp-phyllognathia-ceratop

Squat Lobster on a Crionod, body length (exluding claws) about 12mm
elegant-squat-lobster-allogalathea-elega

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Autumn sun at The Arboretum, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

autumn-sun-at-the-arboretum-lincoln-city

Tree surgeons operating at high level, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, UK

tree-surgeons-operating-at-high-level-ch

Tractor towing Rapid crop sowing machine setting seed for winter crop, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

tractor-towing-rapid-crop-sowing-machine

Lincoln cathedral from Monks road junction with Lindum road, Lincoln city, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lincoln-cathedral-from-monks-road-juncti

East window Lincoln cathedral Minster yard, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

east-window-lincoln-cathedral-minster-ya

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, cbimages said:

Some favourites from a recent dive trip

Shrimp commensal on a Crinoid (Feather Star), about 15mm long
leopard-crinoid-shrimp-laomenes-pardus-t

Spiny tiger Shrimp, about 10-12mm long, this taken front on, maybe 4mm wide
spiny-tiger-shrimp-phyllognathia-ceratop

Squat Lobster on a Crionod, body length (exluding claws) about 12mm
elegant-squat-lobster-allogalathea-elega

So amazing and beautiful. Thank you for taking me there.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple more from my recent dive trip. Tried to shoot anemonefish with eggs, but some fish very territorial. They do have teeth! One came up from the rear and bit me on my ear.....gave me one heck of a fright, and it stung!
saddleback-anemonefish-amphiprion-polymn

Love to see the eggs developing the babies eyes showing

• Love 1
  • Like 5

After the recent storm Babet the river Wear was running high through Washington (pictured), but, fortunately there was no flooding. However today we are forecast heavy rain all day with a flood warning issued.

uk-weather-fatfield-21st-october-2023-th

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cbimages said:

A couple more from my recent dive trip. Tried to shoot anemonefish with eggs, but some fish very territorial. They do have teeth! One came up from the rear and bit me on my ear.....gave me one heck of a fright, and it stung!

Good thing it wasn't a Mama Grizzly. I guess all Mamas are fierce.

Paulette

• Love 1

19 hours ago, cbimages said:

Love to see the eggs developing the babies eyes showing

Were you thinking “baby shark?” 😁

You brought to mind when I went to St. Croix with my older sister. She is fair-skinned with freckles on her arms & legs. The first time we put our suits on & went out in the water, small fishies nibbled gently at her freckles on her legs. She squealed & jumped around, while I laughed & tried to reassure her they were harmless. A few nibbled at a few spots on my legs, also. It took her all of two minutes before she ran splashing out of the water, totally freaked.

She never went in again. I did every day, multiple times, for 5 days but didn’t get to share the pleasure of those gorgeous, turquoise warm waters with her. Who knows, possibly the name “piranha” flitted through her mind.

Edited by Betty LaRue

On 30/10/2023 at 05:11, Betty LaRue said:

Were you thinking “baby shark?” 😁

You brought to mind when I went to St. Croix with my older sister. She is fair-skinned with freckles on her arms & legs. The first time we put our suits on & went out in the water, small fishies nibbled gently at her freckles on her legs. She squealed & jumped around, while I laughed & tried to reassure her they were harmless. A few nibbled at a few spots on my legs, also. It took her all of two minutes before she ran splashing out of the water, totally freaked.

She never went in again. I did every day, multiple times, for 5 days but didn’t get to share the pleasure of those gorgeous, turquoise warm waters with her. Who knows, possibly the name “piranha” flitted through her mind.

Betty, I love sharks, and feel quite content with a few zipping about. There are very few where we dive in Bali. But I've had a few "close encounters" over the years. One 3 metre+ female Grey Nurse once came and sat on my legs for a rest when I was kneeling on the bottom, I was deep and needed to get going. She would not budge, I could see her nose on one side, and lots of back and tail on the other. It was a but "unnerving, she was BIG. Next day, same dive site, same big lady swimming around, damn thing crept up behind me and started to rub her neck on the top of my head, I jolted and she got a fright, swam over me and flicked her tail in my face, making my mask fall off. I thought afterwards that maybe she liked the feel of bubbles, or wondered what my hair felt like, who knows. 

Another time, in Solomon Islands, hubby had a big tuna head on a rope, I was on a shallow reef, him on a jetty, throwing the head and dragging it back so I could get the sharks in closer. All good, until the tuna head got tangled in my dive gear.....and there were quite a few hungry sharks up very close and personal.

I'm a bit crazy around snakes, spiders and scorpions as well, not at all worried about getting bitten. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Last of October uploads.

Blue illuminated monster Lincoln University, Lincoln city, Lincolnshire, England, UK

blue-illuminated-monster-lincoln-univers

Magenta bug eyed Illuminated monster on Exchequer Gate building, Exchequer Gate, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

magenta-bug-eyed-illuminated-monster-on-

Purple three eyed illuminated monster Lincoln Castle, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK 

purple-three-eyed-illuminated-monster-li

Hunters fish and chip shop corner of Clasketgate and High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

hunters-fish-and-chip-shop-corner-of-cla

That's it.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1