QC Ranking

Colin C

Question

Hi All - what is the relevance of stars in QC ranking? I have 3 and I  assume that is the starting pont for a newbie (?). How do you increase/decrease and what are the benefits for having more stars if there are any!!!!

19 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, sooth said:

I've heard of people losing # of stars for failing QC, but I have not heard of people having receiving an increase in the number of stars

I've been 3* ever since I joined. Only 1 QC fail in 8 years after my first submission fail. Probably I don't submit enough to change my rank. But I almost always have a quick turnaround - submit on a week night or Sun night, approved by 4pm the next afternoon.

Edited by Steve F

3 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

about 4 out of 5 submissions  will go straight to on sale.

That's also getting quicker- there's hardly time for a cup of coffee now before they're ready.

1 minute ago, sooth said:

I've heard of people losing # of stars for failing QC, but I have not heard of people having receiving an increase in the number of stars

A number of us were promoted to 5-star general a few years ago. Can't remember if we got four first- I think not. There's been some suggestion that promotion is no longer happening.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

There's been some suggestion that promotion is no longer happening.

2 minutes ago, Steve F said:

I've been 3* ever since I joined. Only 1 QC fail in 8 years after my first submission fail. Probably I don't submit enough to change my rank.

That rather confirms it. Sorry, all you lesser orders😉

Edited by spacecadet

Just now, spacecadet said:

That's also getting quicker- there's hardly time for a cup of coffee now before they're ready.

A number of us were promoted to 5-star general a few years ago. Can't remember if we got four first- I think not. There's been some suggestion that promotion is no longer happening.

The business case for resourcing this is "marginal". If Alamy can bring millions of images in from agencies then the nice to have features for small artisan contributors will not have a high priority. Shame but thats the bean counters.

• Love 1

23 hours ago, Steve F said:

I can live with it 😆

I am still one star, despite improved QC performance the last three years, and can't live with it.

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I am still one star, despite improved QC performance the last three years, and can't live with it.

Allan

Sorry to hear that Allan, but don't end it all over your QC rank! Is it worth writing to Alamy asking for more stars?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve F said:

Sorry to hear that Allan, but don't end it all over your QC rank! Is it worth writing to Alamy asking for more stars?

Wooo! Hoooo!   Alamy have awarded me another QC star.

Yes I am now a two star general.

Thank you Alamy.

Allan

• Love 8
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Wooo! Hoooo!   Alamy have awarded me another QC star.

Yes I am now a two star general.

Thank you Alamy.

Allan

Well done! See you down the officers mess!!!👍😀

• Thanks 1