How was March 2023?

110 licenses, $3777 gross$$ + $145 (2) "other"
Blah.  😯remember those $10K months  😯when was that?  😯back in 2007 I think... 
But grateful to PAlamy for decades of $$.

🤑    🤑    🤑   

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg
  • Love 3
  • Like 3

5 for $121 (not including a 1 cent "top off" fee from an old NU license to China - whoo hoo!). Range $1.27-$75. 

CTR at .80 in my primary pseudo (and 5.88 in my European pseudo!). Is a sale from outside the US finally on the horizon? It's been quite a while since any of my non-US images was licensed here, so fingers crossed. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1

Due to the very low views so far this month (April) I looked back at my records for March 2022 to compare with March 2023.

March 2022 recorded 6,271 views, 39 zooms, 11 sales, and a CTR of 0.62.

March 2023 recorded 2,295 views, 10 zooms, 0 sales and a CTR of 0.44.

This is the way it has gone in my case since the assumed search engine algorithm change(s). I though I had done whinging on this but it is so annoying to be 'cut off' after years of endeavour. I still say the image search engine has reduced it's search capacity in order to cope with the volume of searches related to 335+million images. This would mean that large numbers of images are not even being seen but unfortunately this would not matter to PA/Alamy as the images wil be sourced from a lesser number of contributors and would make no difference to Corp income. Is the search engine fit for purpose or just patched to cope at the expense of contributors?

Nothing more to contribute now!

• Love 2
  • Like 2

On 03/04/2023 at 05:48, Doc said:

60 sales for a gross of $1762 (last March 51, gross $1240), which also includes $62 for "other fees" which came in on 31/3

4 sales in the $$$ category, 3 for low $$$ and best $377 which is gratifying

20195 views (c/w last March 31,600); 168 zooms (183) CTR 0.83 (0.58).

The last couple of months have both seen better gross fees than any other month since August 2021, so that has to be good news.

Not in Distribution apart from USA and Japan, not in Novel Use

Kumar

Hi Doc

Are you still getting a max of 100 on your total views when in your customer search page? Mine changed July 1st last year and has stayed that way since. Destroying my views compared with other years .

Thanks 

Shergar 

Edited by Shergar

I'm feeling very discouraged!!.. I was humming right along uploading regularly and getting more sales.. come Jan. this year I got 3 sales and thought now it'll be great... No sales since then.... views are down and zooms are non-existent.:(

5 hours ago, Sharon said:

I'm feeling very discouraged!!.. I was humming right along uploading regularly and getting more sales.. come Jan. this year I got 3 sales and thought now it'll be great... No sales since then.... views are down and zooms are non-existent.:(

You've got some good editorial-style images in your collection, so sales will likely pick up again as we get closer to summer. I'm finding that there are a lot more ups and downs in my monthly sales numbers than there used to be. Periods of inactivity are more common as well. 🎢

On 05/04/2023 at 16:11, Shergar said:

Hi Doc

Are you still getting a max of 100 on your total views when in your customer search page? Mine changed July 1st last year and has stayed that way since. Destroying my views compared with other years .

Thanks 

Shergar 

Hi Shergar;

Of the 300 or so searches each day in which my images are viewed, on average about 7-12 searches are less than 100 images; 2-3 searches are more than 100, and all the other searches are 100 images.

My views now are about 800-900/day, whereas they used to be over 2000

Kumar

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

You've got some good editorial-style images in your collection, so sales will likely pick up again as we get closer to summer. I'm finding that there are a lot more ups and downs in my monthly sales numbers than there used to be. Periods of inactivity are more common as well. 🎢

Thanks for your encouraging words, John.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Hi Shergar;

Of the 300 or so searches each day in which my images are viewed, on average about 7-12 searches are less than 100 images; 2-3 searches are more than 100, and all the other searches are 100 images.

My views now are about 800-900/day, whereas they used to be over 2000

Kumar

Thanks Doc

Everything changed July 1st 2022. Yesterday I had 59 total views from 9,400 images ! Thats less than when I only had 500 images uploaded. I don't see very much incentive to upload more if they are not going to be seen.

I wonder what contract changes are in store for us this July. 

Best wishes

Shergar