Do you get period of absolutely nothing?

Dave Colman

Question

As the title says, I know we are likely to have ups and downs but do you get periods when sales just die?
This was my first site to use for stock and I am still going back through to redo all my tags etc but everything was going fine until October last year and since then no a bean.  My ctr has stayed the same and I am getting plenty of views but no sales. 
Nothing has changed with my upload, they are frequent and dare I say, other sites are ticking over so I thought really strange I have dropped off the radar so to speak.

• Like 1

So far from the 1st of this month to 22nd I have had only 911 views and only 2 zooms and no licences.

Do you think the sales team have gone on a month sabbatical?

Allan

On 22/04/2023 at 11:29, wilkopix said:

Hi Alex, So far this month I've had 4 sales amounting to almost nothing in royalty fees. Last month wasn't great either. Normally I'd expect to average somewhere between 20-30 sales per month.

A lot of my work is model released and conceptual stock and not news or 'soft news' that makes up a lot of Alamy content but usually sells to the illustrative editorial and marketing clients.  For me it's getting to the point where the effort isn't worth the return anymore. Along with commissioned work Alamy has always been another revenue stream but I wonder for how much longer. I worry that they'll try and drop the commission percentage yet again.

I see, and looking at your images I can see the effort and planning it must take. I hope it's a temporary downtown along with the global economy. Perhaps things will pick up again.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

So far from the 1st of this month to 22nd I have had only 911 views and only 2 zooms and no licences.

Do you think the sales team have gone on a month sabbatical?

Allan

My views are down to 833 which is troubling, 7 zooms, 1 sale. With so few views at least my CTR is high - 1.41 in the pseudo that has most of my images and where most of my views and zooms are from. A bunch for a small town in Pennsylvania, hoping it's for something like a book or magazine rather than culture club. This dearth of views is most concerning, and the more I upload, the fewer views I seem to get. I know my portfolio is a tiny drop in the ocean of Alamy but a few years ago I was averaging nearly three times as many views a month. 

I broke it down by week and I had an average of 50% more views the first week in April than in each of the other two, so not sure if Easter was the difference since the first week included Good Friday, although if some schools take a two-week Easter holiday, that could be part of it, if people are traveling and not working remotely? Who knows... I just hope views start to climb. 

20 hours ago, AlexG said:

I see, and looking at your images I can see the effort and planning it must take. I hope it's a temporary downtown along with the global economy. Perhaps things will pick up again.

Me too :)  .. Many thanks.

Meantime if Alamy are reading .. please sell some more pics please and I'll keep producing them :):)