Dear Alamy, I'm not an accountant...

Francescop

Question

The world of finance it is always boiled.

Dears, I never understood the calculation of new commision. So, what is it my real earn?
Maybe @Alamydevelopers should give a re-style at some pages like Balance of account view. Eg. I saw that:

Date Description Alamy image ID Detail Debit ($) Credit ($) Balance ($) Paid *

22 December 2022 Alamy Distribution Commission 2HH7W2E 60% of net 0.90   35.26 Uncleared
22 December 2022 Distributor Commission 2HH7W2E 40% Distributor Commission 1.00   34.26 Uncleared
22 December 2022 Sale 2HH7W2E Sale   2.51 36.77 Uncleared
22 December 2022 Alamy Distribution Commission 2HH7W2E 60% of net 0.90   35.87 Uncleared
22 December 2022 Distributor Commission 2HH7W2E 40% Distributor Commission 1.00   34.87 Uncleared
22 December 2022 Sale Refunded 2HH7W2E Original sale date (22 December 2022) 2.51   32.36 Uncleared
22 December 2022 Alamy Distribution Commission Refunded 2HH7W2E Original sale date (22 December 2022)   0.90 33.26 Uncleared
22 December 2022 Distributor Commission Refunded 2HH7W2E Original sale date (22 December 2022)   1.00 34.26 Uncleared

Could, someone of you, explain me what hell done here? How much was the net earned?
Please, could some kind of you explain me what is the mathematical operation I should do? Which numerbs i have to sum or subtract?

At the end, someone have any idea what is this transaction?

11 January 2023 Other income spacer.gif ASCRL Summer Distribution - DEC 2022   10.00 44.26 Cleared

Thank to all for attention and patient

BR

9 answers to this question

You have 1 sale there, your net is $2.51-1.00-0.90=0.61. The distributor's commission is 40% (1.00), Alamy's is 60% of the remaining 1.51 (0.90). Your net is 24% of a distributor sale.

Refunded items always appear 3 times if relicensed.

The other payment is a royalty from the ASCRL, which is a US collecting society, like DACS for the UK.

The black figure is your running balance.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 3

Dave, this isn't exactly correct. At one time, all stock agencies displayed a full accounting of the money collected on your behalf and the sums debited as their fees for doing it. For many people, this information is really important. It gives a sense of how much effort is put into the sales process and how potential clients are interacting with a given photographer's images. Alamy is one of the last holdouts when it comes to these procedures.

BTW ... I made my first agency stock sale in March 1971, while I was still in high school. In those days, Sales reports were hand written. Even given that, they shared more information that most agencies today.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Yarvin said:

Dave, this isn't exactly correct. At one time, all stock agencies displayed a full accounting of the money collected on your behalf and the sums debited as their fees for doing it. For many people, this information is really important. It gives a sense of how much effort is put into the sales process and how potential clients are interacting with a given photographer's images. Alamy is one of the last holdouts when it comes to these procedures.

BTW ... I made my first agency stock sale in March 1971, while I was still in high school. In those days, Sales reports were hand written. Even given that, they shared more information that most agencies today.

Brian,

LOL (middle aged term these days)  I still have some of my "hand written" sales reports.  Thanks God you do have me beat by a few years for a first sale.

Happy Friday to all and I'll leave you with one of my favorites, "Youth is wasted on the young."

Chuck

• Like 3