Google Open Gallery

Sheila Smart

The bad part of 'google anything' is that when you sign on you agree to make your content available for them across all platforms to do what they want.

Perhaps this is their way of getting us to sign over our content willingly so they receive a billion less DMCA notices a day. :D

I'm not falling for  it.I love google for the things they provide but will not give them any more data than I have to and not my images.

L

The bad part of 'google anything' is that when you sign on you agree to make your content available for them across all platforms to do what they want.

Perhaps this is their way of getting us to sign over our content willingly so they receive a billion less DMCA notices a day. :D

I'm not falling for  it.I love google for the things they provide but will not give them any more data than I have to and not my images.

L

+1

I personally am not a fan of google and do all I can to stay clear. With all the infringements from them, who on earth would want to sign up for this? Also found it very odd when I clicked on their Privacy and Terms it was in Spanish, not English. Perhaps a honest mistake but not good for any company to do...

If you scroll down you can click English. Think mine first came up in Greek. There is a lot of small print , not sure why anyone would want to risk uploading their work on here without the added risk of your work being used freely elsewhere ?

At least you can track down the infringements with Image Search.

Could this be a way to establish ourselves as the copyright owners of the images to Google?

And have them rank better in the search results from our own websites, compared with the agencies, increasing the licensing chances from our own store?

I share the worries about the content grabbing though.

Archived