Improvement in Searches - will it last?

I see today that in a search of images, clicking on the "same contributor" button finally is just giving us the rest of the images for this search, for the contributor pseudonym, rather than unhelpfully giving all that  pseudonyms' images on Alamy.

Much better - but will it last?

Kumar

Edited by Doc
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I see today that in a search of images, clicking on the "same contributor" button finally is just giving us the rest of the images for this search, for the contributor pseudonym, rather than unhelpfully giving all that  pseudonyms' images on Alamy.

Brilliant, what a difference that makes.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

clicking on the "same contributor" button finally is just giving us the rest of the images for this search

Still a little way to go though, if you click to see one of the images then 'Stock photos by the same contributor' shows the same selection for that search, only larger of course, in fact that has been working. However clicking on 'View all' still gives 0 results. It's odd because the 'Same contributor' filter is activated but they just don't seem to be carrying through the search.

There does seem to be a lot of mixed results from fellow contributors regarding searches. Some good and some not so. I do have some concern as to how the search engine is being developed.

Regarding 'views', in most cases Contributors have experienced a significant drop since the PA merger around May of this year. Prior to this my views were way over 300 per day which then dropped to 100 or so. It now seems like another phase has been introduced and my 'views' are now down to 50/60 per day. The disturbing thing here to me is that when looking up views through AI and also looking at image sales reports I am discovering that it appears that searches using keywords and the like are being 'selective' and not even showing in ones/all 'views' summary. This appears to be clearly affecting individual sales but on the contrary will not affect PA/Alamy sales/income as they will make a particular sale regardless. 

This seems to negate all the years of hard work keywording and tagging to get your product seen. My sales are now dropping too.

Anybody noticed or aware of this or am I just becoming paranoid!!

Jim.

1 hour ago, Broad Norfolk said:

There does seem to be a lot of mixed results from fellow contributors regarding searches. Some good and some not so. I do have some concern as to how the search engine is being developed.

Regarding 'views', in most cases Contributors have experienced a significant drop since the PA merger around May of this year. Prior to this my views were way over 300 per day which then dropped to 100 or so. It now seems like another phase has been introduced and my 'views' are now down to 50/60 per day. The disturbing thing here to me is that when looking up views through AI and also looking at image sales reports I am discovering that it appears that searches using keywords and the like are being 'selective' and not even showing in ones/all 'views' summary. This appears to be clearly affecting individual sales but on the contrary will not affect PA/Alamy sales/income as they will make a particular sale regardless. 

This seems to negate all the years of hard work keywording and tagging to get your product seen. My sales are now dropping too.

Anybody noticed or aware of this or am I just becoming paranoid!!

Jim.

You are not getting paranoid Jim; my overall views have dropped to about 35-40% of what they used to be a year or so ago. I am not sure of the reason. Zooms are running at about 50% in terms of numbers from a year ago. Numbers of sales are probably 90% c/w a year ago, but are often "repeat sellers" so are not necessarily getting viewed or zoomed again. Doesn't bode well for the future however

Kumar

17 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Still a little way to go though, if you click to see one of the images then 'Stock photos by the same contributor' shows the same selection for that search, only larger of course, in fact that has been working. However clicking on 'View all' still gives 0 results. It's odd because the 'Same contributor' filter is activated but they just don't seem to be carrying through the search.

Same!

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

Yes, it's always been like that since June 24th, does rather make you wonder why it takes so long to fix these things, nearly 4 months now.

Probably because they have rather larger problems to sort out?

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

Probably because they have rather larger problems to sort out?

Well possibly, but those other problems probably don't involve software engineers. This isn't the only problem affecting potential buyers on the new website as has been well documented on here, and buyers are fundamental to the success of the company. Also if, as in this example, 'View all' doesn't work just take it off until it can be looked at.

Edited by Harry Harrison

I mentioned earlier in this topic regarding searches about some observations relating to corresponding views. I am now more than just paranoid. This weekend, Oct14, Oct15, and Oct16, yes, it might be a weekend, but that's THREE DAYS and my total Portfolios have recorded a total of TWO VIEWS. YES, TWO VIEWS. 

What is going on here!! I fear the end is nigh!

Jim. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Broad Norfolk said:

I mentioned earlier in this topic regarding searches about some observations relating to corresponding views. I am now more than just paranoid. This weekend, Oct14, Oct15, and Oct16, yes, it might be a weekend, but that's THREE DAYS and my total Portfolios have recorded a total of TWO VIEWS. YES, TWO VIEWS. 

Jim. ☹️

Exact same here Broad Norfolk - 2 views 🙄

12 minutes ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Jim. ☹️

As I know on Mondays we see search results only for Friday and tomorrow we will see the weekend results.

Anyway, I have unusually low figures as well...

1 hour ago, Broad Norfolk said:

I hope we haven't jumped the gun here. I just checked All Images for views for the period concerned and it says 'no search results'!! Although the update time is denoted here as 10.11GMT this morning!! 

First thing that struck me was that time - given recent last update times it is pretty early.

We can only report what we can extract from the data provided. 

Wait and see if it stays or changes!