$ account for UK

Simon

Question

9 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

Given the excellent job the new government have done with sterling exchange rates. I was wondering if Alamy would pay sales in the UK direct into a $ account, rather than taking the conversion hit.

You can get payments in $ through PayPal.

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Given the excellent job the new government have done with sterling exchange rates. I was wondering if Alamy would pay sales in the UK direct into a $ account, rather than taking the conversion hit.

Great if you're going on holiday to the US. But receiving more pounds for my Alamy dollar payment is the only benefit of sterling tanking!

56 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Great if you're going on holiday to the US. But receiving more pounds for my Alamy dollar payment is the only benefit of sterling tanking!

I think that only benefits us if the original sale is in $. Otherwise if the original sale is in £ ( UK publishers) we are no better off, just have a lower $ fee posted than would otherwise be the case.

It does highlight the value of income streams in both $ and £ ie) from non exclusive arrangements with US based agencies in addition to Alamy.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

I think that only benefits us if the original sale is in $. Otherwise if the original sale is in £ ( UK publishers) we are no better off, just have a lower $ fee posted than would otherwise be the case.

you would actually be worse, as Alamy takes profit every time they do a currency conversion

33 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Fair enough. It's good for the October payment and maybe the next month until future payments come in at the lower exchange rate.

Don't worry, It'll be down again by that point. ☹️ I don't think its going to improve under this government.

3 minutes ago, Colin C said:

Yep - radio leeds first lol

It was rather interesting - I listened to the first 4 interviews starting with Leeds - each one lasted approx. 8 minutes and the PMs answers where slightly different given that the questions were the same...