Glitches in Manage Images section - anyone else having problems?

I've been trying to keyword some new images today but am being slowed down by some glitches. For example in some sections, if I make a spelling error and try to back up using my backspace key I get bounced to to another section. Also I can't copy and paste any keywords from one image to the next, it just won't work. I don't know if it's a problem with my computer or a problem with Alamy's site. I've tried re-booting my computer but the problems persist. Anyone else having this issue today?

Yes, I've been having same problem with the back key for over a week and it's really annoying.  It must have something to do with an update as the problem is only on one of my two computers.  It works normally on my Windows 8 machine but is behaving badly on the Windows 7 laptop.

I figure it's just an update issue and if I wait a week or two the back key problem will eventually disappear.

As for the total number of images listed under my avatar, it's updating for me without any problems.

Guess I chose the wrong avatar. ;)

My total is not updating either, John, despite - as you say - logging in and out.  That applies to me viewing others totals as well - including yours: the figure doesn't tally with the actual number of images in the portfolios.

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as you.

The "Delete" key scrolls through the tabbed sections instead of deleting text (backspace works), and also ctrl-C no longer copies text (although right-click/copy does, as does ctrl-V to paste).  It's really frustrating.

Everything works fine for a couple of edits, then suddenly stops working.   It still happens after a reboot, and I've made sure I've got the latest version of flash, Java etc (although this could be the problem in itself!)

I've never seen this happen before - might have to resort to the old version of Manage Images!

Stephen.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

The issue is caused by Internet Explorer 11, which from what I hear, is a crock of ****.  I've gone back to IE10 and haven't had the issues at all.

To go back to IE10:

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and features
  2. Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11
  3. Then click on Display installed updates
  4. Search for Internet explorer
  5. Right-click on Internet Explorer 11 > Uninstall
  6. Do the same with Internet Explorer 10
  7. Restart your computer

If you previously had IE10, then it should be restored and be useable.  If not, you can install IE10 here.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

The issue is caused by Internet Explorer 11, which from what I hear, is a crock of ****.  I've gone back to IE10 and haven't had the issues at all.

To go back to IE10:

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and features
  2. Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11
  3. Then click on Display installed updates
  4. Search for Internet explorer
  5. Right-click on Internet Explorer 11 > Uninstall
  6. Do the same with Internet Explorer 10
  7. Restart your computer

If you previously had IE10, then it should be restored and be useable.  If not, you can install IE10 here.

Well found :)!  I think basically that it's incompatibility between MS IE11 and Adobe Flash (though personally I'm tempted to point the finger more at Flash than IE!)

I use FF most of the time, so I just discovered the issue last night when trying to use IE11 to let my kids play some online Flash games.  The site in question required a Flash update for the browser, but when installed, didn't recognise the update.

Archived