I Can't Take Much More of This

3 hours ago, riccarbi said:

We have also to consider that Alamy is owned, through PA Media, by some of UK's biggest media companies, I doubt this is a coincidence. By buying Alamy such companies also got access to an almost unlimited source of images at (extremely) discounted rates.
About the disgruntled contributor base, I suspect that many of those contributors would be happy to see their photos featured on a "famous" newspaper even if they won't get a single penny for the "honour".

Only if my name is nice and big as the photographer.  Otherwise, they can pay up.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Marb said:

I just got a $0 sale. They all start out the photographer's best friend and end up selling you down the river. 

Ian, you really do not have to take any more of it.

You have been moaning about the same thing for a decade ( it seems). 

Contributing to Alamy is no longer compulsory. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Ian, you really do not have to take any more of it.

You have been moaning about the same thing for a decade ( it seems). 

Contributing to Alamy is no longer compulsory. 🤪

And you have been quite defensive of Alamy for around the same time it seems. So do you condone giving our images away free ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marb said:

I just got a $0 sale. They all start out the photographer's best friend and end up selling you down the river. 

Have you gone beyond your dashboard to see the licence details? I doubt very much that it was actually zero.

16 hours ago, Avpics said:

Have you gone beyond your dashboard to see the licence details? I doubt very much that it was actually zero.

Let's be realistic, 1 cent net is essentially free.  I remember getting requests to use my photos for a credit line.  I would laugh and say that a credit line doesn't put food on the table or put a roof over my head.  Now were are not even guaranteed that.

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Avpics said:

I can't be bothered to tell the truth as apathy sets in. 

Edited by Marb

7 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Sorry but not caring about the truth has lead to some pretty dire situation around the world today. 

I am referring to the situation here, not world events.

• Love 1
  • Like 1