Keywording whilst waiting to be checked in QC

For those of us who don't submit via FTP with keywords already in place, wouldn't it be useful if there was a facility to keyword images whilst they are waiting in QC? I understand that there is a risk that they might fail QC and then all that effort would be wasted but at the same time it would speed-up the clearance process and you wouldn't have to wait for QC to complete to then keyword your images. You may ask why I don't submit via FTP with keywords already in place and that would be a very good question (old habits die hard, I guess).

Alamy is the only stock library I've used so far that works this way. The others all require keywording and captioning before (or during) upload and yes, it is a monumental waste of time if they fail QC. You also can't edit the data that's been added on the other sites I use like you can on Alamy. Personally I prefer the Alamy method as despite keywording in Lightroom I always forget things or need to make corrections, but I wouldn't say no to the chance to make additions while they wait for clearance.

Edited by Cal
  • Love 1

i upload with Caption and KW so not an issue, but i do agree having the possibility to fill out the other information and "optional information" while in QC would be great.  I sometimes end up with images up for sale with wrong licencing for a period because i forget to come back.  

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Jansos said:

For those of us who don't submit via FTP with keywords already in place, wouldn't it be useful if there was a facility to keyword images whilst they are waiting in QC? I understand that there is a risk that they might fail QC and then all that effort would be wasted but at the same time it would speed-up the clearance process and you wouldn't have to wait for QC to complete to then keyword your images. You may ask why I don't submit via FTP with keywords already in place and that would be a very good question (old habits die hard, I guess).

I add keywords and captions in Lightroom Classic, and submit through the web page.  Export metadata with the photo, other than location.  I began putting these in LRC when I had a spreadsheet of captions and keywords for everything that I'd had up last time I was with Alamy.  If one photo isn't on sale, it's because I either forgot the caption or didn't have enough keywords.

• Love 2

I do as Rebecca does, with the addition of using Alamy Lightroom Bridge plugin. Once the images are in QC, I add the submission reference to the metadata in the Alamy section, then use Export to draw down all of the Alamy information including each image reference. I can then make any additions or corrections and add the optional information in Lightroom and export back to the Alamy site. So, it is possible to change things even when images are still in QC.

• Love 2