1 image fails, all 3 fails?

You should be able to see which one failed and they give a reason. Look carefully at each failed image and you will find the culprit. All the images in the batch will have a banner across saying they failed but one will have a black banner that gives the reason. If Alamy were to check every single image we would be paying for a larger staff. The system as it stands makes us stay on our toes and not submit anything that won't pass.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Derek Robertson Photography said:

Hello, I am new to Alamy and have had a very tough time getting images approved.

If 1 of the 3 fails QC, all 3 fail? What sense does that make? and how do you know which failed? 

Out of 21 images submitted, I've had only 3 approved. 

thank you

You should read all the guidance notes that Alamy provide. There is one that specifically covers how to pass QC. You have the responsibility to provide images that meet QC requirements.

Also read the contract you have entered into with Alamy.

You say you’ve had three images approved out of twenty one submitted. I guess those images were each in separate submissions. Maybe take those three images and re-submit them together and you may get them through. That done you need to make sure that any further submissions are of the required quality, so read and understand the guidance. If you continually fail future submissions you will be pushed further and further down the ladder and you really will have a tough time clawing your way back.

Edited by Dave Richards
added text
  • Like 3

You don't seem to have any images in your portfolio yet. Normally your first three images (submitted as a single batch) must all pass QC in order for you to gain submission privileges for further images. So, I'm not clear as to whether you have passed the initial three image submission or not. If you have, then make sure you go to Alamy Image Manager and add a caption  and at least five keywords/tags. Then those images will appear on sale, usually about 24 hours later and we will also be able to see them.

Once you have passed the initial submission you can submit further batches. A sample of these will be inspected and the whole batch accepted or rejected on the strength of that one inspection. This means the contributor has to ensure every image they submit is capable of passing QC as you don't know which image will be inspected. This is the way Alamy works.

If you are getting failures on subsequent submissions after passing the initial test, then you might want to seek advice on what to do to rectify the problem. Forum members will help if you wish, but you would need to post a full size (watermarked) version of a failed image on an image hosting site, say what reason was given for its failure and supply a link to it in this forum.

In spite of widespread disenchantment with the new Alamy management, you will usually find us to be a helpful and friendly bunch with newcomers anxious to discover how Alamy works and how to be a successful contributoe.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Derek Robertson Photography said:

If 1 of the 3 fails QC, all 3 fail? What sense does that make?

It makes perfect sense. It's called Quality Control.

Alan

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Derek Robertson Photography said:

Hello, I am new to Alamy and have had a very tough time getting images approved.

If 1 of the 3 fails QC, all 3 fail? What sense does that make? and how do you know which failed? 

Out of 21 images submitted, I've had only 3 approved. 

thank you

I don't see that you've had any approved. 

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I wonder if the 3 approved were 3 that didn’t have a fail beside them. Why is there a 3 under his avatar? This seems odd. Usually a number means you’ve had them pass QC. <scratching my head>

That's the number of posts he's made on the forum, not images.