They now say they owe me nothing

lisah2006

Question

My dashboard said for two weeks that $98 cleared and I would be paid March 1. I look today and it says they don't owe me anything and I will supposedly be paid $104 April 1.

What is going on ?!

I hate Alamy now. This whole process is a waste of my time. I was even trying to build up my portfolio but suddently they dropped my quality ranking down as well.  It's not much but I was going to pay for my kid's gymnastics class and now I have to tell her there is no way our family can swing another payment.

Edited by lisah2006
  • Like 1

20 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, lisah2006 said:

My dashboard said for two weeks that $98 cleared and I would be aid March 1. I look today and it says they don't owe me anything and I will supposedly be paid $104 April 1.

What is going on ?!

I hate Alamy now. This whole process is a waste of my time. I was even trying to build up my portfolio but suddently they dropped my quality ranking down as well. 

Not to worry, this happens almost every month, where for a day or two your dashboard doesn’t update.  I bet you will be paid this month.

• Like 1

Plus this:

Posted Tuesday at 15:33

Hi All,

We've been made aware of a technical error that might delay payment being received by contributors during this months payment run. 

Our team are working on this immediately and as soon as we have information on the resolution, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Alamy

(original post here)

wim

• Love 2

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

There seem to be other glitches as well. My dashboard tells me that I've had two sales this month, but only one is showing up in my sales history and sales report.

Glitch seems to have been resolved. Not one, but two additional sales have now shown up on my sales history page, including a $$$ one.

I can live with glitches...😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Glitch seems to have been resolved. Not one, but two additional sales have now shown up on my sales history page, including a $$$ one.

I can live with glitches...😉

Only nice glitches.

Allan

• Love 1

22 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

My dashboard said for two weeks that $98 cleared and I would be paid March 1. I look today and it says they don't owe me anything and I will supposedly be paid $104 April 1.

What is going on ?!

I hate Alamy now. This whole process is a waste of my time. I was even trying to build up my portfolio but suddently they dropped my quality ranking down as well.  It's not much but I was going to pay for my kid's gymnastics class and now I have to tell her there is no way our family can swing another payment.

If you mean ctr by 'quality' my graph drops dramatically at the beginning of the month, then recovers. 

29 minutes ago, zxzoomy said:

If you mean ctr by 'quality' my graph drops dramatically at the beginning of the month, then recovers. 

She might mean QC Rank.

14 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

That's true. It seems that the whole world is in bad glitch mode at the moment.

Yea John, Sad but true.  Hence my favorite quote "Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is Mad."

Lisa,

I've been in the agency business for decades and in 18 years contributing to Alamy never has Alamy failed to pay me

the monies due to me in a timely manner.  While I was a bit shocked when I looked at my Alamy Dashboard on 

3/1, I felt that Alamy would correct an obvious mistake, they did quickly and I have been paid by Alamy the monies

owed to me.  During all of my years in the business I have never worked with an agency or library that was more

dependable than Alamy.  

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Chuck Nacke said:

During all of my years in the business I have never worked with an agency or library that was more

dependable than Alamy.  

I think I have been in the stock photo business as long as Chuck and I can say the same.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Yea John, Sad but true.  Hence my favorite quote "Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is Mad."

... except that what is unfolding in the world right now is no laughing matter. We could all be heading into a very dark place indeed.

I agree about Alamy, they always come through with payments.

18 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

... except that what is unfolding in the world right now is no laughing matter. We could all be heading into a very dark place indeed.

I agree about Alamy, they always come through with payments.

John,

I was trying to make a joke to Michael and no the current events are nothing to smile about.

Chuck

5 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

John,

I was trying to make a joke to Michael and no the current events are nothing to smile about.

Chuck

I certainly appreciate the sentiment expressed in the quote. It's a mad, mad, mad world alright.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I certainly appreciate the sentiment expressed in the quote. It's a mad, mad, mad world alright.

As someone who is generally an optimistic person, it is getting more and more difficult to turn on the TV news or open the two newspaper I get.

On 02/03/2022 at 19:26, lisah2006 said:

What is going on ?!

Neala,

I am just a contributor like you only I've been a contributor for almost twenty years, I will say that for whatever reason Alamy has been having problems

with their system, contributors statistics, I've seen some odd things during the last couple of months.  As I've said before and will write again, I've worked with a number of agencies and libraries over the years and Alamy has been the best and most honest about paying me monies owed to me by them.  I go back to the dark old days of agents mailing a statement, some yearly.  I do feel your pain, but I would encourage you to hang in there and contact Alamy if you really feel the need.   

Also keep in mind that the last couple of years have been difficult for everyone.

Chuck

23 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Neala,

I am just a contributor like you only I've been a contributor for almost twenty years, I will say that for whatever reason Alamy has been having problems

with their system, contributors statistics, I've seen some odd things during the last couple of months.  As I've said before and will write again, I've worked with a number of agencies and libraries over the years and Alamy has been the best and most honest about paying me monies owed to me by them.  I go back to the dark old days of agents mailing a statement, some yearly.  I do feel your pain, but I would encourage you to hang in there and contact Alamy if you really feel the need.   

Also keep in mind that the last couple of years have been difficult for everyone.

Chuck

Thanks for your response... Alamy said they would look into it but so far all that's happened is my deficit was reduced a few dollars.

I'll be hopeful!

Neala