Post processing query...

Hi, I'm preparing a submission and wonder if the original post-processing I've applied would be suitable for Alamy. There is a few images out there but I feel its not the norm, is it worth submitting heavily processed images or is a more simple cleaner finish preferred by buyers?

Guest dlmphotog

Don’t worry about the norm, there are millions of “Normal” images on Alamy. If you like the post processing you have done then I would say submit it and if it gets past QC all the better.

Will it sell… who knows?

Get your normal work through QC first, then send the heavily processed images, sit back and wait, could be up to a month!

On the other hand, they could sail through without problems, and start making sales.

I tend to play safe and leave heavily processed work for inclusion on other sites such as FineArtAmerica or Red Bubble, but they are not selling well there anyway.

Good luck :)

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I think I'll submit normalised versions first then submit a smaller set with the heavier processing afterwards

Email MS? Who is MS and what is there email address?

If you have something that you feel may infringe QC on a bad day then email MS with a copy and ask. Much better than getting the wrath.

You've done this?

Yes.

A while ago I was toying with some extreme ps'd images that looked more like illustrations than photos in that they were extreme b/w high contrast (no grey tones at all).

I sent MS a copy of one and they said it was ok to submit them, although I have still not got around to it yet.

That said I don't think they would be too over the moon about people sending in General is this good enough images etc.

MS can be quite helpful at times.

Archived