Might as well give it away

Tom.....in my case it has/had nothing to do with the Novel Use as I am opted out of it along with being opted out of distribution sales.  The plethora of low $ I recently received were RM and have had more low $ in the past month than I have had in the five years with Alamy.  As each of our cases is unique, it would be interesting to hear from others as it would paint a better picture overall. 

This is all very demotivating. I am still making the odd upload, but I've stopped looking for photos to sell. It's become a case of if I need to record something and one of the shots has sales potential I'll upload it, but trips to take photos for stock have ceased. Maybe when the gardening season has ended and I'm looking for something to fill the time I might find my enthusiasm rekindled, but who knows. Only glad I don't have a renting agreement with Adobe, as that would make no financial sense in the current situation.

Edit - just landed a $282 lease, definite morale booster 🙂  despite the measly 40% share 😒

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 10:00, chris warren said:

Had this so called sale in today :

Rights Managed

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 August 2021
End: 10 August 2026
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

How can an Rights Managed image be sold for in perpetuity ? and at such a low price of $3.35 ?

Things had got silly, but this is just ............

$ 3.35

Lots of silly prices - well I say lots but actually not enough sales at all - I have been considering  for a while whether to dump Alamy. Lost of admin over exclusivity  not followed by cuts in commission then contract changes and for what? Alamy no longer feels worth the effort.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

Alamy no longer feels worth the effort.

I am having the same battle with myself at the moment. Mine is about falling prices. I have made the same amount of sales as last year already but actual income (to me in cash) is not much more than half. It can only go further south from here. I feel I am clinging to a log that has already sunk for me.

Edited by Panthera tigris

6 hours ago, Panthera tigris said:

I am having the same battle with myself at the moment. Mine is about falling prices. I have made the same amount of sales as last year already but actual income (to me in cash) is not much more than half. It can only go further south from here. I feel I am clinging to a log that has already sunk for me.

I feel the same. I have an edited large backlog of potential uploads I was holding back before considering where that shall go. Currently I can see general stock and soon to be ready archival going to Alamy, and am still considering a home for the rest.

• Like 1