Alamy adds over 70,000 exclusive images from The Independent to the library

It is indeed surprising that the The Independent's image database wouldn't have tags, maybe they'll add them to the Alamy database later though I suppose in a fast moving news environment they may just not have been created in the first place. I see the name of the photographer sometimes appears in the caption but never in the credit.

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Alamy once said agencies do not need to use tags. They can use the caption field instead. 

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Alamy once said agencies do not need to use tags. They can use the caption field instead. 

Of course they can. So can we. 😂

wim

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gvallee said:

How? We need to enter at least 5 tags.

Maybe not with reportage. But you are right, I've never tried. Or wait I did and it went through with 1 kw I think. There's an empty kw in the Independent ones.

Maybe the database will just come later. I noticed some had the word database in the caption, but not anymore. Someone may have noticed.

wim

6 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Maybe not with reportage. But you are right, I've never tried. Or wait I did and it went through with 1 kw I think. There's an empty kw in the Independent ones.

Maybe the database will just come later. I noticed some had the word database in the caption, but not anymore. Someone may have noticed.

wim

6 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

not for live news submissions.  not sure for reportage.  but there are plenty or images for sale without KW

Ah yes of course. I don't do live news, so I hadn't twigged. 

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

Ah yes of course. I don't do live news, so I hadn't twigged. 

i guess it means Alamy has a way to have images bypass the requirement.  I guess they offer it to any large image download from a specific provider.   I had noticed it before on some other big image add