Images on Alamy not loading now...

My accountant files electronically but, yes, if I get a refund not applied to the next year I get a check. With these stimulus checks I tried at first to get mine into my bank account but never succeeded so these are coming in the mail. Very old fashioned here but it is something I can take a picture of.

Paulette

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, NYCat said:

My accountant files electronically but, yes, if I get a refund not applied to the next year I get a check. With these stimulus checks I tried at first to get mine into my bank account but never succeeded so these are coming in the mail. Very old fashioned here but it is something I can take a picture of.

Paulette

can't remember last cheque is got.  Probably final payout from my mom's estate.  In fact was talking to someone, i have not got to an ATM once since May....  i think i have a $20 bill somewhere but i've not used cash in so long

Alamy are potentially missing out on sales by not updating the database quickly enough (obviously).

I had 2 searches yesterday for 'Bodnant Garden', one of 80 images and the other of 41, of which 3 were zoomed. I uploaded 23 more images the day before of Bodnant Garden but they aren't on sale yet, therefore I'm missing out on potential sales.

John. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Stokie said:

Alamy are potentially missing out on sales by not updating the database quickly enough (obviously).

I had 2 searches yesterday for 'Bodnant Garden', one of 80 images and the other of 41, of which 3 were zoomed. I uploaded 23 more images the day before of Bodnant Garden but they aren't on sale yet, therefore I'm missing out on potential sales.

John. 

which actually brings an issue i noticed recently it's not only about the day before uploads) 

A client did a search for "National Arts Centre ottawa"  and got according to AoA 39 results, client even did it twice probably figuring out this was low, by Capitalizing and then not "Ottawa"  (no impact on search). 

When i do the search there is over 100 images that match that come out.  This is not the first such occurrence i've noticed recently.  @Alamyin case developers are not aware of this issue.

i loss potential sale (only one hit, when i should have 5) but maybe so did Alamy, as sadly you get some false positive due to a couple news event that happened close by

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

which actually brings an issue i noticed recently it's not only about the day before uploads) 

A client did a search for "National Arts Centre ottawa"  and got according to AoA 39 results, client even did it twice probably figuring out this was low, by Capitalizing and then not "Ottawa"  (no impact on search). 

When i do the search there is over 100 images that match that come out.  This is not the first such occurrence i've noticed recently.  @Alamyin case developers are not aware of this issue.

i loss potential sale (only one hit, when i should have 5) but maybe so did Alamy, as sadly you get some false positive due to a couple news event that happened close by

I did a lot of looking through All of Alamy several weeks ago, and began to see a pattern that made me wonder if the image views were what the client had moused over rather than the total image count for the keywords.  That odd numbers show up that are less than a page of images when the search terms have multiple pages showing looks like that is what's happening.  "Emily Dickinson" has 343 images; views on a search yesterday were 266.   Views would be activity (mouseovers or closing out of a search), not total available photos that matched the keywords.

20 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

We do not see any filters on AoA.

We only see filters in our Pseudo Summary.

We have no idea about the regional limitations set by agencies or contributors.

wim

We do see if some of the filters were used: DT, WOP,, etc. 

i had 5 images all labelled similarly.  How could any of these affect the fact client only got to see one? it should have been 0 or 5

Edited by meanderingemu

6 hours ago, Stokie said:

John. 

Preaching to the choir with that one. The worst part is when live news uploads just disappear into a black hole after 48 hours. Particularly with weather related images, storms etc as has happened recently they tend to be in demand for more than the 48 hour period. Having them just disappear for a while is really bad.

7 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I get 90 images for National Arts Centre ottawa over here, so it clearly does make a difference where the client is. Some agencies have large parts of the globe excluded because they have their own outlet there or a better deal with some other distributor. And so have individual contributors.

That said, I have seen hiccups a couple of weeks ago where halfway through a search, going one page back, I got -A- a whole different set of images on that page and sometimes -B- only half or less of the total I was getting before. Because there were some more issues at that time, I did not pay a whole lot of attention to those.

wim

edit: I would especially expect news agencies to be not showing in some parts of the world.

Edited by wiskerke

4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i had 5 images all labelled similarly.  How could any of these affect the fact client only got to see one? it should have been 0 or 5

Browsing on a phone?

wim