More locations to try and identify

geogphotos

15 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

I have absolutely no proof but it has that "West Coast of Scotland" look. Probhably miles out 😜

Same thought here though probably not too far north given the houses with two storeys. The number of cars suggests a beach or some other attraction, I'd imagine a small harbour just behind the houses in the foreground. And I'm imagining a nice old fashioned pub somewhere in the mix....

Maybe the number of cars has something to do with boats leaving here for day trips out to islands? 

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

I’ve been up the west coast and also Moray Firth fishing villages, can’t place this. Northern Ireland coastal village?

I've been up and down on Google Maps and agree with you! 

Somebody will recognise it I expect.

This is the Isle of Whitehorn as seen from the Harbour masters Office.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/54°41'53.4"N+4°21'47.7"W/@54.699006,-4.3658571,16.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d54.6981778!4d-4.3632584

The building is Low Isle House. you'll know it when you find it 'cos google steet view has put a large dust bunny on top of it.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Mr Standfast said:

This is the Isle of Whitehorn as seen from the Harbour masters Office.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/54°41'53.4"N+4°21'47.7"W/@54.699006,-4.3658571,16.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d54.6981778!4d-4.3632584

The building is Low Isle House. you'll know it when you find it 'cos google steet view has put a large dust bunny on top of it.

Amazing, well done! 

How did you find it?

Though I don't think that the houses in my pic are Low Isle House. Looks like the cars are parked outside the Post Office and shops. So we got the rough general location but I was totally wrong about other things.....

Thanks all. That's my 'to do' list nice and tidy for now. 😃

Edited by geogphotos

8 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

I agree its not Low Isle House. Got a bit carried away! And my spellings rubbish, 'tis Isle of Whithorn not Whitehorn.

How did I find it?  Sometimes ASD comes in handy.

Stay safe.

You did a great job ! Thanks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

This forum never ceases to impress me. No matter what the question there is someone who has something to contribute.

You have been extremely helpful Colin. I won't forget all that help you gave me over the aerial pics of the Alps!.You named every feature, valley, glacier, peak in existence!

Edited by geogphotos