Dodgy Keyboard

Bryan

Question

My aged Research Machines keyboard has seen me through at least 3 computers, but, despite its rugged construction, and frequent cleaning, the space bar is no longer functioning properly. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I know keyboards are not expensive, but I prefer to repair rather than discard.

Any hints or tips on how to proceed?

10 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Pleased that this thread has raised such a degree of frivolity!

Good news on the keyboard front, I used a can of compressed air to blast under the shift key and that appears to have done the trick!.

Sorry for my part in highjacking it Bryan and glad that you sorted the keyboard. 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Kiai! To all tight jam jars. 

Edo - by far the easiest way to get a lid off a jam jar is to pop it gently with a dessert spoon and then it should twist off with no effort.  Knives, forks and teaspoons don't give enough leverage but a dessert spoon is perfect for the job. My wife taught me this one. 

Edited by MDM

38 minutes ago, MDM said:

Edo - by far the easiest way to get a lid off a jam jar is to pop it gently with a dessert spoon and then it should twist off with no effort.  Knives, forks and teaspoons don't give enough leverage but a dessert spoon is perfect for the job. My wife taught me this one. 

I use a butter knife. Works like a charm most of the time.

9 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I use a butter knife. Works like a charm most of the time.

I'm thinking Crocodile Dundee now - call that a knife? 😎

OK I am not an expert on types of knives but anything that gives a bit of leverage, is strong enough not to bend and to be able to pop the jar but slim enough to fit just between the lid and the glass. . 

5 minutes ago, MDM said:

I'm thinking Crocodile Dundee now - call that a knife? 😎

OK I am not an expert on types of knives but anything that gives a bit of leverage, is strong enough not to bend and to be able to pop the jar but slim enough to fit just between the lid and the glass. . 

LOL!! Exactly.

On 10/10/2020 at 18:44, Bryan said:

Pleased that this thread has raised such a degree of frivolity!

Good news on the keyboard front, I used a can of compressed air to blast under the shift key and that appears to have done the trick!.

Those mice get everywhere.

Allan