Vehicle identity experts please help

As an irrelevant aside, the tent looks like a Vango Force Ten, I had one of these back in the early 70s. Spent a number of wet and winter climbing holidays in Glencoe semi-sheltered in it.

Edited by Malcolm Park
keyboard.

59 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

As an irrelevant aside, the tent looks like a Vango Force Ten, I had one of these back in the early 70s. Spent a number of wet and winter climbing holidays in Glencoe semi-sheltered in it.

Thanks Malcolm, that is definitely going in the caption.

3 hours ago, Malcolm Park said:

Ha!  We may have been camped near each other.  I had a Vango MkII in those days and sometimes wild camped down by the Clachaig Inn - spent many a night 'semi-sheltered' in there..!

My second ever photo sale was of that tent - sent a pic to Vango and they used it on their brochure.  Got 30 quid for it which was pretty good in those days.  I've still got a copy of that brochure - which gives me an idea.  Might dig it out and upload a copy of it to Alamy.

Sorry for going off topic.

Another traveller through Williams here, in 1990, though I don't remember downtown. I arrived at my motel off the motorway late in the day and had to race about 50 miles to the Grand Canyon to be there for sunset. The motel was run by an Englishwoman, from Nottingham IIRC.

Here's my Geo Metro parked outside. It had 3 cylinders for some reason- although it was fine if a bit tinny. The engine management light came on once though.

FX821J.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

15 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Dodge Aspen SE ?

And my guess is that it says  D O D G E  on that chrome strip. 1977.

Is that Agfa film that bad that it's unreadable?

Now for that mountain. 😁

Maybe try state park campsite with Oregon or something.

How would you travel from SF to Seattle?

I largely went by the 101 with side trips through some famous state parks.

From the slides you must have some clues about what they liked. So California Wine Country? Mendocino? Leggett drive thru Redwood? Bixby Bridge? Klamath Falls? Redwood State Park? Trees of Mystery? Paul Bunyan? Those are easy to identify.

Try to guess if they stayed at commercial campgrounds or in State or National Parks. My guess would be mainly State Parks.

Did they take highways or byways?

Was it a one way or a round trip?

You could of course unmount the slides and try to piece together the original sequence to satisfy your inner sleuth. 😂

wim

9 hours ago, wiskerke said:

And my guess is that it says  D O D G E  on that chrome strip. 1977.

Is that Agfa film that bad that it's unreadable?

I0000QhR22LSF0C8.jpg

It's a Dodge Aspen, possibly Dodge Aspen SE

Thanks for all those suggestions about location. I think I'll just keep it open as Rocky Mountains, north western USA

Edited by geogphotos

On 15/05/2020 at 09:13, Harry Harrison said:

Land Rovers have a loyal and dedicated following of enthusiasts

land-rover-badge-on-an-abandoned-vehicle

Much closer to home, on one of our walks, we came across this old abandoned Land Rover covered in rust and lichen in the garden of an empty house. 

Edited by Thyrsis

4 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Much closer to home, on one of our walks, we came across this old abandoned Land Rover covered in rust and lichen in the garden of an empty house. 

Now that's a lovely patina, amazed that hasn't been snapped up and restored despite its condition. When we moved here about 20 years ago our neighbour had an overgrown Facel Vega at the bottom of her garden. That did go to a better place.

4 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Now that's a lovely patina, amazed that hasn't been snapped up and restored despite its condition. When we moved here about 20 years ago our neighbour had an overgrown Facel Vega at the bottom of her garden. That did go to a better place.

Harry: It’s up on Boars Hill just outside Oxford.