Head of Contributor Service

Does one of the forum members know the name of the head of contributor service including email address? Last year I had a high four-digit sale and two sales, each with a high three-digit amount. Until today I havn't seen a single cent of these sales. If I wanted to know why this is so, I only received succinct and unsatisfactory answers from the Contributor Service (I won't mention the name of the employee here). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joern Sackermann said:

Does one of the forum members know the name of the head of contributor service including email address?

Worth pointing out that Alamy have just been taken over by PA Media, in case you didn't know.

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/02/12/pa-media-group-diversifies-stock-images-with-alamy-acquisition

2 hours ago, Joern Sackermann said:

I hope that Alamy is not simply holding back these higher amounts to pay out later.  I have been working with agencies for over 30 years and I have never had to wait this long to get my money.

Of course it isn't. Alamy reports straight away and pays cleared amount when they reach the threshold.

You've been here long enough to know that and it's not on to allege otherwise.

Edit: does the red arrow mean we have a contributor who thinks it's OK to accuse one's agent of breach of contract- or worse?

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Even though I've been with Alamy for a long time, how could I say for sure, that the payments will be made, as you write. I never had a chance to look into Alamy's accounts. I don't think you will have had that opportunity either. Maybe you should also note, that according to the contract, every image provider has audit rights to check the correctness of the payment.
So there's no need to get so upset. Have a nice weekend. 

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Of course it isn't. Alamy reports straight away and pays cleared amount when they reach the threshold.

You've been here long enough to know that and it's not on to allege otherwise.

Edit: does the red arrow mean we have a contributor who thinks it's OK to accuse one's agent of breach of contract- or worse?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joern Sackermann said:

Even though I've been with Alamy for a long time, how could I say for sure, that the payments will be made, as you write. I never had a chance to look into Alamy's accounts. I don't think you will have had that opportunity either. Maybe you should also note, that according to the contract, every image provider has audit rights to check the correctness of the payment.
So there's no need to get so upset. Have a nice weekend. 

Occasionally I have to wait for a payment to clear. We all do. But I trust my agent and I don't have any grounds to doubt that trust.

Whatever complaints we may have about Alamy it's very rare for anyone to doubt their honesty.

Edited by spacecadet

3 hours ago, Joern Sackermann said:

I hope that Alamy is not simply holding back these higher amounts to pay out later.  I have been working with agencies for over 30 years and I have never had to wait this long to get my money.

isn't it as likely that it's the customer that is holding payment?  

why would you try and blame your selected agent? 

43 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Occasionally I have to wait for a payment to clear. We all do. But I trust my agent and I don't have any grounds to doubt that trust.

Whatever complaints we may have about Alamy it's very rare for anyone to doubt their honesty.

Because I have always trusted my agencies in the past, I have lost a high five digit amount. The times when I trusted an agency unconditionally are unfortunately long gone.

32 minutes ago, Joern Sackermann said:

Because I have always trusted my agencies in the past, I have lost a high five digit amount. The times when I trusted an agency unconditionally are unfortunately long gone.

Well, you've stayed with an agent you don't trust for 16 years, so perhaps you should ask (and pay) for an audit.

BTW now I know whay I don't license many images of Köln or NRW- you seem to have it covered!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Well, you've stayed with an agent you don't trust for 16 years, so perhaps you should ask (and pay) for an audit.

BTW now I know whay I don't license many images of Köln or NRW- you seem to have it covered!

Where did I say, I didn't trust Alamy for all those 16 years? You must be reading my lines correctly. But when the only really good sales of the last time, are not paid out, then that is of course not confidence-building. This should now bring this matter to a close. An Alamy colleague was kind enough to help me (outside this forum) to answer my original question.

On 27/02/2020 at 08:52, Joern Sackermann said:

Does one of the forum members know the name of the head of contributor service including email address? Last year I had a high four-digit sale and two sales, each with a high three-digit amount. Until today I havn't seen a single cent of these sales. If I wanted to know why this is so, I only received succinct and unsatisfactory answers from the Contributor Service (I won't mention the name of the employee here). 

I think you want James Allsworth, his title is (or was) Contributor Relations Manager,

but according to his Linkin page here it's now as follows (I bolded the relevant line)

James Allsworth

Head Of Content

Alamy

Jan 2020 – Present 2 months

- Responsible for strategy, development and performance of the Alamy content department
- Management of the global contributor base of 300k+ photographers and 650 agencies / archives
- Management and ownership of large scale content related projects
- Owner of contributor marketing, communication, social media and partnership strategy
- Responsible for workflow, interfaces and apps adding over 3 million digital assets per month
- Reporting to the Commercial Director

jamesallsworth@alamy.com

Mark

On 27/02/2020 at 08:52, Joern Sackermann said:

Hi Joern

You don't say when last year you had the sales.  If it was, say November/December, then that's not a excessive time to wait for payment.  However, if it was much earlier in the year then obviously it needs following up.  I've been with Alamy since 2010 and I find them 100% trustworthy.

John

3 minutes ago, John Walker said:

Hi Joern

You don't say when last year you had the sales.  If it was, say November/December, then that's not a excessive time to wait for payment.  However, if it was much earlier in the year then obviously it needs following up.  I've been with Alamy since 2010 and I find them 100% trustworthy.

John

wow...  with the fuss that was made i assumed these were from 2018 to be honest.  You mean these could be sales from October?

11 hours ago, John Walker said:

Hi Joern

John

Hi John

The four-digit sale were in July 2019 (the same customer had already licensed the same image for the same campaign a year before at a lower four-digit amount and paid it within about 2 months), the two three-digit sales are from early October 2019. 

Joern

15 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

I think you want James Allsworth, his title is (or was) Contributor Relations Manager,

but according to his Linkin page here it's now as follows (I bolded the relevant line)

James Allsworth

Head Of Content

Alamy

Jan 2020 – Present 2 months

- Responsible for strategy, development and performance of the Alamy content department
- Management of the global contributor base of 300k+ photographers and 650 agencies / archives
- Management and ownership of large scale content related projects
- Owner of contributor marketing, communication, social media and partnership strategy
- Responsible for workflow, interfaces and apps adding over 3 million digital assets per month
- Reporting to the Commercial Director

jamesallsworth@alamy.com

Mark

Thank you Mark!