The Future of RM?

Ed Rooney

Question

14 answers to this question

Last and only time I met with the Alamy team was in Brooklyn back in 2010. It was super helpful and my sales increased nicely afterwards. I was still a newbie then and it helped al lot. With all the changes 10 years later, it would be great if Alamy set up another NYC meet. I did chat with folks at the PhotoPlus Expo a few years back, but the Brooklyn meeting was a presentation by Alamy's NYC and UK teams, as well as by Alamy customers. Super helpful. 

Had a zoom today on on one of my RM exclusive to Alamy images. There were 3,300 hits (it was a generic term one-word search) with 12 zooms, so I don't know if it will result in a sale - there were lots of more specific searches the week before that returned other images I took that day but not the one that was zoomed. But hopefully RM isn't dead. I assume that if a customer only wanted RF they'd omit the RM stuff. 

I uploaded all the images from that shoot - 10 of them - as RM exclusive as a test and fingers crossed they'll sell. It's funny, it was a small out of the way military museum in Connecticut with indoor and even better outdoor exhibits, so I figured that it was unusual enough that if people were searching for it, they might not find much, but the searches where it has come up are all for the same generic item, the locale is unimportant. Just happy I decided on exclusive for this batch. Also nice that people looking for generic terms are searching here and it looks like they tried a lot of ways to find it. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Marianne said:

Last and only time I met with the Alamy team was in Brooklyn back in 2010. It was super helpful and my sales increased nicely afterwards. I was still a newbie then and it helped al lot. With all the changes 10 years later, it would be great if Alamy set up another NYC meet. I did chat with folks at the PhotoPlus Expo a few years back, but the Brooklyn meeting was a presentation by Alamy's NYC and UK teams, as well as by Alamy customers. Super helpful. 

Had a zoom today on on one of my RM exclusive to Alamy images. There were 3,300 hits (it was a generic term one-word search) with 12 zooms, so I don't know if it will result in a sale - there were lots of more specific searches the week before that returned other images I took that day but not the one that was zoomed. But hopefully RM isn't dead. I assume that if a customer only wanted RF they'd omit the RM stuff. 

I uploaded all the images from that shoot - 10 of them - as RM exclusive as a test and fingers crossed they'll sell. It's funny, it was a small out of the way military museum in Connecticut with indoor and even better outdoor exhibits, so I figured that it was unusual enough that if people were searching for it, they might not find much, but the searches where it has come up are all for the same generic item, the locale is unimportant. Just happy I decided on exclusive for this batch. Also nice that people looking for generic terms are searching here and it looks like they tried a lot of ways to find it. 

When Alamy attends the Cambridge meet up it is much more relaxed than the organised meeting set up in NYC would have been. You also had the opportunity to speak to more of the Alamy team as well as buyers of images.

Allan

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

All mine too, Allan. But if it comes to that, I will change them all. 

If I change all mine RF I will have to trawl around to get releases.😖

Allan