Time length with QC passing???

Is it me or is everyone else is having this issue? I have photos in QC since Friday morning and they still have not be through QC yet. Why is there such a long wait? Last couple weeks photos from Friday pass on Monday Morning. Now it is going into Tuesday and they have not been okay yet. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Is it me or is everyone else is having this issue? I have photos in QC since Friday morning and they still have not be through QC yet. Why is there such a long wait? Last couple weeks photos from Friday pass on Monday Morning. Now it is going into Tuesday and they have not been okay yet. 

not sure where you are based.  my experience this year has been acceptance on Mondays around 5-6pm UK time, however last monday it was early morning. there was one Monday that was a miss (probably busy funnel) and only approved on Tuesday 

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

You posted this at about 0500 BST. QC is a manual process and Alamy doesn't work at night or at weekends. If you submit at your teatime on Friday, that's already getting on for midnight here.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

They wouldn't pass QC until Monday at the earliest. Perhaps, as you are quite a new contributor they might take a little longer. I also notice you are uploading very large numbers of images very fast, so checking a percentage of your submissions would require a lot more work than for the average contributor.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, VbFolly said:

They wouldn't pass QC until Monday at the earliest. Perhaps, as you are quite a new contributor they might take a little longer. I also notice you are uploading very large numbers of images very fast, so checking a percentage of your submissions would require a lot more work than for the average contributor.

hadn't noticed....  5000+ images in just over month.    

5 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

hadn't noticed....  5000+ images in just over month.    

7 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Maybe I shouldn't upload so many in one day term. But photography is all I do. In a month I shoot nearly 10,000 photos. Events, land scape, sports, some photojournalism, and private stuff. I am trying to sell off certain stuff to make extra cash. That is what I am trying to do. I am not in competition with anyone. I just want to make some money. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

Maybe I shouldn't upload so many in one day term. But photography is all I do. In a month I shoot nearly 10,000 photos. Events, land scape, sports, some photojournalism, and private stuff. I am trying to sell off certain stuff to make extra cash. That is what I am trying to do. I am not in competition with anyone. I just want to make some money. 

Don't worry - there is room for everyone.

7 hours ago, Aaron said:

no issue,  more in awe.  Since most images takes my 3-5 minutes just to optimise for Alamy sale,  that's over 250 hours,  not including photography,  kw and processing.   that's impressive 

Of course, Aaron can upload as many as he likes. I was just pointing out that that might delay QC a little.

The other point is that when you see people uploading so many quickly, it often means they are uploading a lot of similar images, which will probably damage their ranking and their sales success. For example, clicking on your blue number of images and looking at the first page, there are 6 images of the same dragonfly in the same place. I think you would do better just uploading the best one (the closest view you had), and spending some time identifying the species. I'm trying to be helpful, not cause any offence. I understand you are trying to make some money, but sometimes taking some time to learn how best to achieve that is advisable. It's better to be selective when uploading, as deleting excess images later takes 6 months.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Of course, Aaron can upload as many as he likes. I was just pointing out that that might delay QC a little.

The other point is that when you see people uploading so many quickly, it often means they are uploading a lot of similar images, which will probably damage their ranking and their sales success. For example, clicking on your blue number of images and looking at the first page, there are 6 images of the same dragonfly in the same place. I think you would do better just uploading the best one (the closest view you had), and spending some time identifying the species. I'm trying to be helpful, not cause any offence. I understand you are trying to make some money, but sometimes taking some time to learn how best to achieve that is advisable. It's better to be selective when uploading, as deleting excess images later takes 6 months.

I agree - quite a few similars on the first page which ought to be dropped

Alex

7 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

I agree - quite a few similars on the first page which ought to be dropped

Alex

Yes I do need to remove some of the similarities. I am a avid photographer. I have 2 Sony a9s one with 70-200 f2.8 and 100-400 f4.5-5.6. I also have Sony A7R3 with 24-105 f4 and Sony RX10M4 for back up. I want to get the Sony 400mm at f2.8 or wait for the e-mount of 300mm. Either way I am nearly set on what I need for photo equipment.

10 hours ago, VbFolly said:

great point, something that was actually mentioned by others 1000 image ago, 

41 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Yes I do need to remove some of the similarities. I am a avid photographer. I have 2 Sony a9s one with 70-200 f2.8 and 100-400 f4.5-5.6. I also have Sony A7R3 with 24-105 f4 and Sony RX10M4 for back up. I want to get the Sony 400mm at f2.8 or wait for the e-mount of 300mm. Either way I am nearly set on what I need for photo equipment.

note that if you remove after they have been for sale, they will stay in your portfolio (i think it's 6 months), so that's something to consider as it relates to your CTR