Car registration numbers

BidC

Question

Hello:

I have a few images taken in Slough city centre that I'm getting read y to upload. The cars on the main roads into Slough naturally are showing their registration numbers. I've always taken these off, but this time the pic will look a bit odd with a multitude of cars below the construction going on in the skyline, with a blank reg plate.

Just wondering what others do, and what the legal position is ? [ Hate to be taken to court !]

14 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, BidC said:

Hello:

I have a few images taken in Slough city centre that I'm getting read y to upload. The cars on the main roads into Slough naturally are showing their registration numbers. I've always taken these off, but this time the pic will look a bit odd with a multitude of cars below the construction going on in the skyline, with a blank reg plate.

Just wondering what others do, and what the legal position is ? [ Hate to be taken to court !]

I leave well alone. If they need to be blanked out the buters will do it.

Allan

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

According to the Urban Dictionary 'buters' is a French verb meaning 'to bump into (something)' - perhaps that's how they drive in Slough....😀

C'est 'buter' which has multiple meanings which are yes, evidence of an action with a certain force or definite end in mind .. . Or as slang 'bump off' (ie steal).  I best not make any comments about drivers in Slough as I have my car serviced there (!), except to say that most are very law abiding ...  

Edited by BidC

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Sorry about the typo. At least it caused some amusement. Yes I meant buyers.

Allan

No worries. Thats for your help - should have been able to work it out - "t' being next to 'y' on the QWERTY keyboard :)