I don’t have access to Live News any more, but using the Reportage route, you can get images available for sale quickly, not very streamlined, but it does allow you to post links.

Today, I was at the Torbay Airshow, and took a few shots of the Red Arrows that I thought I would try uploading.

I used ShutterSnitch to caption and upload via FTP to reportage from the field

- make sure you use 5 keywords, and they go on sale immediately.

They are not indexed, so a customer can’t find them by searching

Using Image manager, you can find the ID of each photo, and then use this to create the url for each image page.

Add each image page to Lightbox, and hey presto you have a page for “MyLiveNews” which you can tweet to your favourite news sites!

https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/3200166.html

Edited by Jools Devon
Spelling

1 hour ago, Jools Devon said:

I don’t have access to Live News any more, but using the Reportage route, you can get images available for sale quickly, not very streamlined, but it does allow you to post links.

Today, I was at the Torbay Airshow, and took a few shots of the Red Arrows that I thought I would try uploading.

I used ShutterSnitch to caption and upload via FTP to reportage from the field

- make sure you use 5 keywords, and they go on sale immediately.

They are not indexed, so a customer can’t find them by searching

Using Image manager, you can find the ID of each photo, and then use this to create the url for each image page.

Add each image page to Lightroom, and hey presto you have a page for “MyLiveNews” which you can tweet to your favourite news sites!

https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/3200166.html

I assume you meant to say 'Add each image page to Lightroom a lightbox,'  Looks good, though a pity you have to go through all this palaver to get your news images seen .

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I assume you meant to say 'Add each image page to Lightroom a lightbox,'  Looks good, though a pity you have to go through all this palaver to get your news images seen .

Oops - yes, I meant create a “Lightbox” - I’ve edited it above!

yes, it’s a palaver, and you still have the problem of getting the Lightbox seen - people can’t just browse through like they can with the live news feed....

....but it’s catch 22, you can’t join Live News until you have a news sale!

yes, it’s a palaver, and you still have the problem of getting the Lightbox seen - people can’t just browse through like they can with the live news feed....

I think you'll need more than one news sale but you're right it is a catch 22. There needs to be a clear path to achieving LN status.

• Like 4

I'll be doing similar later today, have up to 5 events to shoot, well, at least 3 I can do justice to. If I shoot anything unique and more newsworthy I have other options planned.

I see you credited your images to Alamy Live News, can you legitimately do that? I've previously credited my reportage uploads Credit: Stephen Bell/Alamy Stock Photo, but future uploads will be Credit: Stephen Bell/Alamy. Previously published images tracked down have been credited Stephen Bell/Alamy Live News, Stephen Bell/Alamy Stock Photo, Stephen Bell/Alamy, Alamy Live News and Alamy. 

• Love 1