What is current version Photoshop CC

Mine says:

(Help > System info)

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.4 20190227.r.76 2019/02/27: 1205725  x64.

And according to the Creative Cloud window it's up to date.

wim

1 hour ago, John Walker said:

I am on a monthly premium for Photoshop 2018 CC and it is Version . 20.0.4 and I have auto updates turned on.

Is this the latest version?  I was sure I had read about a 2019 version?

20.0.4 is the 2019 version. It should show that at the top of the application screen (it does on a Mac so presumably also on Windows). As is typical for some software companies, Photoshop 2019 (20.0.0) was released last October.

Many thanks for confirmations Wim and MDM.  I've just checked mine again and it has changed since I posed the question.

It now shows

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.8 20190226.r.442 2019/02/26: 1205701  x64

John

1 minute ago, John Walker said:

Many thanks for confirmations Wim and MDM.  I've just checked mine again and it has changed since I posed the question.

It now shows

John

Isn't that the update of the 2018 version?

I had 2 instances of Photoshop running. One from my desktop and another from Bridge. Highly confusing to find actions in the wrong order or not at all.

If that's the case the Creative Cloud popup window that opens when you go to Help>Updates shows 2 different ones. It turns out that there are 2 check boxes in the Manage section (hidden under the little down arrow  next to Install/Open) > Auto Update > Advanced Options, that say:

- Import previous settings and preferences

- Remove old versions.

I have the last one unchecked just in case.

wim

I've just checked and if I launch PS from the update box I get 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.4 20190227.r.76 2019/02/27: 1205725  x64

If I launch from the PS icon in the Taskbar I get

I can only see one version of the program in the software list.  Very confusing 😕

13 minutes ago, John Walker said:

I can only see one version of the program in the software list.  Very confusing 😕

Yep 2 versions.

Btdt. 😉

wim

26 minutes ago, John Walker said:

Haven't used Windows in a long time but you probably need to replace the icon in the taskbar or relink it to the latest version (assuming that is possible). As wim says, you must have two versions installed. You can probably remove the older one by clicking on the arrow next to  Photoshop in the Creative Cloud app and exploring there. I am guessing by hitting Older Versions there might be an option to uninstall the 2018 version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2019 at 06:39, John Walker said:

Thanks again - all sorted thanks to you both.

John

How did you sort it, John? I’m on a Mac and have two versions showing in my taskbar. I removed the ‘18 version I thought, but it popped back up again. When opening from LR I can choose “edit in PS 2019, but if I bypass LR and click on an image from Bridge to open into PS, I have no idea what ACR and PS I’m in. 

Betty

If you click About Photoshop, you can get the version number and the Camera Raw version number.   The copyright information may not have been changed on all parts of the programs.  Just looked at mine (Creative Cloud, PS, Lightroom Classic).  If you're up-to-date in the Creative Cloud app, and if the version numbers are the latest, let Adobe sort out the copyright text on its own.   This is Adobe's site for the latest version number for Lightroom:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#Whatisthemostcurrentversion

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

for the same information about Photoshop, and some information about whether to keep or not kept the prior version. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

Edited by MizBrown
more information

On 30/04/2019 at 00:21, John Walker said:

I am on a monthly premium for Photoshop 2018 CC and it is Version . 20.0.4 and I have auto updates turned on.

Is this the latest version?  I was sure I had read about a 2019 version?

That's mine, too. I only downloaded it a week or so ago. 

2 hours ago, vpics said:

That's mine, too. I only downloaded it a week or so ago. 

As you can see, the problem that seems to occur is that if you update from Bridge you can get a different link to a different version. This is both on Mac and Windows. It's actually a feature, giving you the security of the old version with probably plugins and personal settings that keep on working, plus the new version that may not be totally compatible with all settings and plugins. Or just happens to work differently like with the 2018-2019 changes.

Now the problem is that the system creates 2 links: one from inside Bridge and a different one from the dock/desktop/start menu sending you to the old version.

wim