Review and advice

Nora Mazzini

Morning.
I'm Nora Mazzini, from Argentina. I've been at Alamy for a short time and my portfolio is small. But I think it's a good time to ask for a general review, so I don't keep uploading photos in the wrong direction.
In fact, I haven't made a single sale in Alamy and I have made a sale in other image banks. 
Thank you in advance for your help!

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/noramazzini

Nora, you have a good eye and a sense of stock. But you don't have a small portfolio, you have a very small portfolio. Understand that this is a long game. If you wait until you get sales before submitting more images, you will fail. You have to keep producing and submitting to do anything at Alamy. 

Good luck, Edo

I'd suggest getting closer to people in shots of people doing things  (see the various shots that sold).  Also, you have a lot to photograph in Buenos Aires.  Also, it can be useful to photograph plants and animals (including fish and invertebrates) from Argentina that others may have less chance of photographing. 

You've got some nice imagery, but I have a feeling that you have been photographing with microstock agencies in mind. You will need to add more editorial images for Alamy as it is primarily an editorial agency. It takes a longer time to start getting sales here than on the micros. Also, as others have mentioned, you will have to add a lot more images before seeing regular sales. Good luck.

They look a bit dark on my monitor as well. Mind you, dark images can license sometimes. I've got more than a few of those back from when I was working with a poorly calibrated monitor. However, it's really worth investing in some inexpensive calibration software..

Nora - I'd suggest expanding photo captions to include more relevant keywords.  For instance caption on this image reads "Meliquina River in the Lanin National Park, Patagonia, Argentina"

Caption with more details would be something along the line  "Scenic Landscape View of Wooden Trestle Bridge over Meliquina River in Lanin National Park, Patagonia, Argentina".  There are several keywords added here ("landscape",  "bridge") that will help discoverability.

Like others said, some images appear too dark.   By looking in your port I suspect you do very little post-processing.  Post-processing is your friend and very important part.  Using techniques like selective HDR via layer-masks, split toning etc. you can significantly improve your shots. 

Second suggestion I have is to follow closely "Images sold" thread in Forum.  That tells a lot what customers are looking for.  You will notice landscapes in general are not in such high demand.  But more than anything -- unusual angles, photos that tell a story, something that will help your image surface between 100's if not 1000's that are available online today.

Good luck and persist;  photography is fun, if approached the correct way.

Archived