I am in a hole, advice needed

Mark Baigent

Question

Hi all

I have had a bum few months, five operations on one of my eyes, which now does not work. Now I have heart trouble that could keep me off work for months (assuming I live that long), I can't walk far or lift much.  
My finances have taken a hammering, I would really appreciate some ideas of how to earn some pennies from home, a bit of stock obviously (but out of ideas) and maybe some photoshop work of some type. But happy to try anything..

Feeling a bit lost and picked on to be honest 😞

Mark

Edited by Mark Baigent
typo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Marianne said:

You have some lovely shots of scenic areas and I would definitely say start with or add more to POD sites and look into local galleries/shops/etc. 

Thank you for your advice,I had not thought of POD and I know very little about it.
Can you recommend a POD site please. If not here, markbaigent1955@gmail.com please

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:36, wiskerke said:

Mark,

Looking through your collection I noticed you have done some of the everyday home items early on, so you could easily do some more. Maybe sprinkled with some concept now and then. However don't count on huge returns...……….

Hi Wim

Thanks for taking so much time to help

2 hours ago, Mark Baigent said:

Can you recommend a POD site please

I use Fine Art America and Photo4Me. I do get occasional sales with both, especially with FAA. I have been with them since 2013 but started to make sales in 2016 when I approached 500 images. They are art sites so require a thought process absolutely the inverse of Alamy. Anything goes, you can get as arty as you like. Since I have been with them I have made just over $1800, not much but it does represent another income stream. The product is the print or phone case or any one of the myriad products they offer, so no danger of your hi-res file being sent to someone.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

I use Fine Art America and Photo4Me. I do get occasional sales with both, especially with FAA. I have been with them since 2013 but started to make sales in 2016 when I approached 500 images. They are art sites so require a thought process absolutely the inverse of Alamy. Anything goes, you can get as arty as you like. Since I have been with them I have made just over $1800, not much but it does represent another income stream. The product is the print or phone case or any one of the myriad products they offer, so no danger of your hi-res file being sent to someone.

A few years ago, I used to average roughly one print sale per month with FAA, but sales have dwindled to just the occasional one, a handful in 2018 and none so far this year The competition (if you want to call it that) is now huge. I've currently got about 1250 images with them. Most of my sales have been more "stocky" than "arty", mostly architecture, travel, and b&w. I'm not into making photos look like paintings, which probably limits me. I find a lot of the stuff on POD sites to be dreadful, but that's another story... 🤢 😄

My FAA sales are pretty much travel and outdoors. Mountains do well for me there. I had a play with paintings from photos and quite enjoyed it. When I have a bit more spare time I will probably dip into it again. And yes, a lot of stuff on FAA is pretty rotten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Baigent said:

Thank you for your advice,I had not thought of POD and I know very little about it.
Can you recommend a POD site please. If not here, markbaigent1955@gmail.com please

I've sent you an email.

I got a warning that your email address did not appear to be valid, but it seems to have gone, so please hit reply to the email if you get it - and if not reply here. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1