What does NU stand for? (ironic)

After the farce of personal use, then presentation use, is Normal Use the new Novel Use?

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronicPrint run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-December-2018 ; End: 01-December-2023 ;
   Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

...for a fee that makes you dream of the PU sales that I barred a few months back.

Seriously.  I feel a little sick.  I'm setting up a new business (wise move in these times) and searching for suitable images, I cannot get a one-off MS download for double the price that this licensed for.

After someone found one of our images in a well known wine magazine and reported it here we waited 3 months for it to appear on our account. Exactly the same usage as your sale. You can’t buy the cheapest bottle of wine from the vines in our image for the fee we got!

2 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

How can they do this. Are you even in the NU programme? If this tendency continues to grow the 50% doesn't matter at all.

No Niels, I have never been in NU or the UKNS and am opted in to only limited Distribution markets.  I also opted out of PU a number of months ago.  The majority of my images are not unique to Alamy, so very soon I will only be getting 40% of such derisory fees.  All the more reason to spread your wares around, IMHO.

there are 2 very big magazine groups which have centralised picture buying- when i was actively selling they were EMAP and IPC. That they can buy at these prices is probably down to market forces but what I don't think is fair is that Alamy give such a generous licence e.g. whole page cover etc and take 50% (soon to be 60%) on all these BULK sales leaving the photographer with sod all! They are taking the P.

Regen

Archived