Please help me to remove this 'Duckukong' thing from my mac!!!

I don't know how but this 'Duckukong' is installed in my mac.  I want to remove it but 'Drag it into Trash' doesn't work.

When I searched this topic, a lot of entries were written by malwaretips.com but in 2015 or 2016.

This site also suggest to download software called 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.

The more I read any of the search results, the less I am inclined to click anything to download an app to remove it.

Is there anyone who recently experienced this Duckokong and removed it successfully? 

If so, I would be very grateful if you could share your experience.

My iMac runs on Sierra and I use Safari for web browsing.

Thanks

Sung

I don't run a Mac and have no idea what  Duckokong is - but I do know Malwarebytes is a legit very good very powerful piece of software and I recommend everyone run it.  I believe it started to focus on the annoying bits of software than antiviruses did not touch - and which they are taking a long time to get to grips with, and it is certainly in this area that Malwarebytes excels itself.  I have never heard of it damaging anyone's machine - and I know plenty of cases where it has saved the necessity of doing a factory reboot.  Most common anti-virus software is happy to run alongside it.

Hi Starsphinx. Thanks. I don’t know exactly but Duckokong looks like a malware which hijacks and changes setting with your browsers in order to redirect search results for their financial gain, or used for virus. Anyway great to know that Malwarebytes is a reputable company. 

Much appreciated. 

Sung

Just got in and seen this thread. Yes, Malwarebytes is reputable, and very effective. I always recommend downloading and installing prior to having malware issues. If you search the web for Malwarebytes you'll see many sites offering downloads, play safe and ignore these, only download from www.malwarebytes.com/mac/.

Malwarebytes can run in interactive mode for 2 weeks, then you have the option to license and continue in interactive mode, or simply run it regularly or whenever issues arise. 

Hi SFL

Just found this may be of help

Apple Mac OS X
  1. STEP 1: Remove adware and browser hijackers from Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox.
  2. (Optional) STEP 2: Remove adware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. ...
  3. STEP 1: Remove Search.duckokong.com browser hijacker Junkware Removal Tool.
25 Feb 2016

Archived