how to check zooms and metadata info question

G'day all,

I keep reading about zooms but despite searches I still can't find out how to check for zooms in my small port. Also wondering if iptc metadata is stripped when I upload? I add it but wonder if I am wasting my time. Cheers for the help.

Go to Alamy Measures on your dashboard. I don't know all the ins and outs of the metadata but if you keyword in Adobe products those will transfer and be your tags. I believe the caption will too but I wait and do it in the image manager because I don't want my images to go live until I have finished annotating them.

Paulette

Zooms are shown if you click on "your images" under Alay measures on your dashboard.

Processing of IPTC data depends on the software that you are using to edit the image and create the jpg. What do you use?

Thanks for that. My metadata question is really about the iptc section. my keywords and caption are always there but I use quite a bit of time filling out my address and details as well as image details. I this data useful/important or am i wasting my time?

Yes.

From the contributor contract:

4 Warranties

You warrant that:-

Any information supplied for display with any Image, including captions, keywords, Pseudonyms, agency names and descriptions only includes information that is pertaining to the specific Image itself, and does not include contact details, web addresses, Uniform Resource Locator’s (URL’s),

It's not just a waste of time, it's a breach of contract to do what you're doing.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

It's not just a waste of time, it's a breach of contract to do what you're doing.

Not necessarily. The key here is ‘Any information supplied for display...’

If this personal info is added to the caption or keywords then yes, that is a breach. If it’s the standard IPTC contact & copyright sections then, as that is deleted / replaced by Alamy, it’s really only a waste of his time. Of course, if he supplies images direct to buyers or puts them on his own website it’s still a worthwhile thing to do.

As Craig is thinking I am only adding to the IPTC section so it is not for display. So is it correct then that  it is deleted/replaced by Alamy info( which is fair enough)? If that is the case then as you say Craig, it is a waste of time.

13 minutes ago, Trevor Graham said:

As Craig is thinking I am only adding to the IPTC section so it is not for display. So is it correct then that  it is deleted/replaced by Alamy info( which is fair enough)? If that is the case then as you say Craig, it is a waste of time.

On 14/10/2018 at 11:28, Trevor Graham said:

Thanks for that. My metadata question is really about the iptc section. my keywords and caption are always there but I use quite a bit of time filling out my address and details as well as image details. I this data useful/important or am i wasting my time?

If you are spending time adding your address and details as you say then you are really wasting time as this is something that can be done automatically and in bulk - Lightroom can do it completely automatically on import and Adobe Bridge can do it with metadata templates which require very little effort once set up. If you are spending time on it then it is a good idea to learn how to do it efficiently. It is a waste of time for Alamy anyway as the info is discarded but it is a good idea to add a copyright notice and some contact details (email, website) at an early stage in  post-processing.

I have this information in photo mechanic - it is automatically added to every photo I import (or in their language "ingest").  It is something I do not have to think about and provides a layer of security if images are taken from any of the non-Alamy sites.

Archived