Is it just me or are the Captchas on the Alamy site and 'here' becoming increasingly more and more time consuming? They are not quite at a level where they are becoming annoying (I do understand they are needed) but have they not started to become a little too time consuming?

Tried to log in to give this post a greenie a few hours ago but couldn't get past a Captcha  "Unusual traffic from your computer network" message (there isn't).

Finally got in now- says it all really.

Steve

Yesterday it took 7 different screens to work through just to get into the forum. Bonkers!!!. One time I gave up altogether. Not so bad today though.

Pearl

16 minutes ago, Pearl said:

Yesterday it took 7 different screens to work through just to get into the forum. Bonkers!!!. One time I gave up altogether. Not so bad today though.

Pearl

This is one thing that I find very annoying. It's not Alamy quality! To make a point it's just taken me 10 screens to work through to get this far into the Forum. On the rare occasion I login with no screen, and at the other end of the scale I have been as far as 13 screens. Even more infuriating is the quality of some of the screens - some are so dark you cannot distinguish the content. Is this a scheme to reduce traffic into the website I wonder!!!

Moan over but I can't be positive about this when you are trying to run a business.

JIm ;)  

8 hours ago, Jansos said:

Is it just me or are the Captchas on the Alamy site and 'here' becoming increasingly more and more time consuming? They are not quite at a level where they are becoming annoying (I do understand they are needed) but have they not started to become a little too time consuming?

I don't agree. They are very annoying and are they really needed? My bank and investment sites don't need them!

For me: if I don't get in,  it is one strike and I do something else.

2 hours ago, Martin P Wilson said:

I don't agree. They are very annoying and are they really needed? My bank and investment sites don't need them!

For me: if I don't get in,  it is one strike and I do something else.

I agree! Absolute pain in the butt! Hardly ever get through first time, waste of time

Archived