Start a new account

Also starting to follow your great advices, it seems i'm approaching 3 months without a single sales.

May be i started bad 2 years ago with too many similars and batch keywording which now lead to few zooms (and views also).

I'm thinking it's too late to recover my existing images because my ranking should be very low (CTR is 0.25).

Time to delete the existing account and start a new one?

What is your suggestions? I've seen Mirco for i.e. started a new account ... how is it going this way?

The good thing is that i keyworded using LR so i don't have to keyword from scratch this time.

Hi,

I had some special reason to do that. Nothing to blame on Alamy.

I would not create new account. Also I think this kind of move is moralic not the best.

To create similar effect you can simply move your photos to a different pseudo.

Mirco

As Mirco says, no need for a new account.  Create a new pseudo and put your edited images there as you clean them up.  They will have a middling rank.  This will help you see the impact of your efforts too, compared to your unedited images in your current pseudo.

I have one pseudo to which I move images that I consider deleting. 

These images have only a basic set of keywords, so they hardly show up in any search. 

Nevertheless this pseudo had a zoom recently, which rocketed this pseudo CTR.

In turn this had a considerable effect on my average CTR. 

I would recommend to create a new pseudo but not move all images to that. 

Only move the best of the best and all images zoomed into that new pseudo.  

You might need to wait for more than a few weeks.  A new pseudo starts with a mid-field rank.  But I'm confident that new action on those images will move the rank of your new pseudo up in a few months.

I then decided to create 3 pseudos: the worst for "un-edited or batch" pics, the medium for edited pics and a new pseudo for zoomed/sold pics.

Is it something could work?

what i'm missing here is the reason for putting zoomed/sold imgs in the new pseudo: they're searchable better than others.

Should it be the opposite putting there the worst images ?

Provided you fix and edit annotation for your zoomed/sold images, yes, that should work.

You might want to change the pseudo as soon as the image sells or is zoomed, so you might want to check every day to move those images ASAP to your top pseudo.  (I have no idea if that makes a difference, but that's what I do)

Bear in mind that the image's history does not go to the new pseudonym. The history: sales, zooms and views are attached to the pseudonym, not the image - that is what Alamy told me when I asked specifically recently. I have no reason to believe it is otherwise so I have stopped moving old images between pseudonyms, I make the call when I upload (not very often these days).

Martin is right, of course.  My thinking is that switching an image to the good pseudo as soon as an image is zoomed, will help because if it does sell shortly, the new sale counts towards the good pseudo.  And if it got zoomed once, it is more likely to get zoomed again, also contributing to the new pseudo. 

As for the sales, it may well be too late to affect the new pseudo even if I get it on the morning of the invoice.  But it is more likely to sell again too.

Putting your selling/sold images into a new pseudo means you are putting them into a mean ranking pseudo rather than the higher ranking pseudo they came from. Mean time your higher ranked pseudo is now not holding images that are sought after so much which sends it lower in the ranking. This is rather simplified explanation I know.

You now have two lower ranked pseudos which means all images are now going down in customer searches. I have done this myself and feel the pain.

Best keep your selling images in their original pseudo which retains it's high ranking and your images are placed higher in the searches along with a few good selected/zoomed images. Put all your images which have not been zoomed or viewed a lot into the new pseudo.

Then sit back to see what happens, but give it a few months before making any more alterations.

Allan

Martin beat me to it

PS: I have carried out a recent change similar to what I have said above and am awaiting results. In the meantime any sold or zoomed images in the new pseudo will be transferred to the old pseudo with the already selling images.

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Putting your selling/sold images into a new pseudo means you are putting them into a mean ranking pseudo rather than the higher ranking pseudo they came from. Mean time your higher ranked pseudo is now not holding images that are sought after so much which sends it lower in the ranking. This is rather simplified explanation I know.

Allan

Allan, it seems more likely that with no sales at all, the new (mean rank) pseudo will be the one with a higher rank.  Let the lower ranked pseudo get stripped of performing images so that at least one pseudo moves up and build on that one.  But hey - we're all guessing here.  With no performance, I can see the need to make some changes.

3 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Allan, it seems more likely that with no sales at all, the new (mean rank) pseudo will be the one with a higher rank.  Let the lower ranked pseudo get stripped of performing images so that at least one pseudo moves up and build on that one.  But hey - we're all guessing here.  With no performance, I can see the need to make some changes.

Thanks Reimar I had not noticed that the OP had no sales. Please ignore my post in that case.

Allan

4 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Reimar, for the detailed explanation.

Allan, thanks for replying and arguing :)

Hi KODAKovic, I was not arguing, just putting a point of view forward from my own experience and observations.:D

Allan

Archived