Watermarks: include copyright holder, image number

Do you agree it would be a good idea to include image-specific info on Alamy's watermarks?

It would make it easier for potential clients to find that exact image when it's  seen in the wild. Also, importantly, it would help defeat watermarks-removal algorithms: 

GOOGLE created an algorithm to remove watermarks from stock images and its success depends largely on many, many watermarks being CONSISTENT. It's not enough to change the position of the watermarks. Differences in SHAPE (opacity helps, too) are needed also.

Having watermarks automatically populated with specific info about the image - ex. Copyright holder and image # - would be win-won dealing with this watermark removal algorithm. Some agencies already include such image-specific info.

EDIT:  SUGGESTIONS forum didn't appear when I created this Topic, using my iPhone or iPad, so I jumped to Wrong conclusion that the forum was gone. Now that I'm using my computer, I see that forum, which is where I should have posted this.

Great idea. I would like to see all clients only having access to watermarked images, until they download an unwatermarked image, at which point they get billed for it regardless. Having clients self bill for unwatermarked high res images is asking for trouble.

Posted by York Photographer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived