3 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I've only ever had 9 or 10 refunds in 700 sales - yet this month i've had 3!!!:angry:

Anybody else suffering?

John.

What are sales?:unsure:

Allan

Just now, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Those rare things that only happen a few times a month - if you are lucky!

John.

John, I had 4 refunds in May, but three were resold at a slightly different price. 

I don't concern myself with sales, price, or refunds, since we contributors have no control over all of that. And I trust Alamy to do the best they can by us. I'm in the image production business. 

Edo

P.S. I love your North African pics. :)

53 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

John, I had 4 refunds in May, but three were resold at a slightly different price. 

I don't concern myself with sales, price, or refunds, since we contributors have no control over all of that. And I trust Alamy to do the best they can by us. I'm in the image production business. 

Edo

P.S. I love your North African pics. :)

Ed,

Hope you are OK in San Miguel de Allende.

Yes, 1 of the refunds was repurchased for $51.50 - the original sold for $51.63, as you might say, go figure!

I just keep taking photos and uploading, I agree, the rest is up to Alamy and their customers.

Thanks for your comments about my North Africa pics! I'm still wading through thousands I took in November last year. Very enjoyable though as the memories are flooding back as i'm processing them. It was the holiday of a lifetime - again!!! 

John.

43 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

It's what you get before a refund, if you are very lucky you may be paid a whole dollar for one like the distributor one I had this week

17 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I've been lucky with refunds. Have had very few. The last one was about a year ago, and it was promptly resold for the same price (oddly). I think that sometimes they are just accounting errors.

There is only one refund showing in my account.:)

Mind you there are not as many sales as there should be by now.:wacko:

Allan

27 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I had a $175 sale from June refunded and then resold yesterday for the same price. Whew!

Not sure what happens in these cases, but they can be unnerving.

What happens is that the publisher gets another 6 weeks' credit!:angry:

Archived